Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
my Cousins sig is personalised to me

"sent from Sunny L.A by the beach or crusin with the roof down"

because i live in a park of the UK where its usually raining

Syndrom

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any spelling errors.

Clean, clear and professional

starfinn

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2012
Mine's just my full name. I don't like to think of myself as the "I bought the white iPhone just so people know I have the more expensive one, oh look I can send an e-mail from my phone" type of person. (For the record, I have a black 16gb ;) )

:confused:
"I bought the white iPhone...the more expensive one."
White cost the same as black... and people don't know the color of your phone by reading your email (for the record)

So instead of liking to think of yourself as an "on the go" person who politely let's others know you may respond to emails with abrupt misspelled messages, you prefer a more logical and convincing approach by informing the world you're arrogantly cheap as well as a boastfully ignorant...type of person...?
(As per your comment)
:cool:

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
:confused:
"I bought the white iPhone...the more expensive one."
White cost the same as black... and people don't know the color of your phone by reading your email (for the record)

So instead of liking to think of yourself as an "on the go" person who politely let's others know you may respond to emails with abrupt misspelled messages, you prefer a more logical and convincing approach by informing the world you're arrogantly cheap as well as a boastfully ignorant...type of person...?
(As per your comment)
:cool:

Mine just says "Sent from the current year"...

Bishwasher

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Portsmouth,UK
As someone very heavily involved in Scouting, I use the following:

Yours in Scouting
My Name
Assistant Cub Scout Leader
Acting Group Contact
Group number and name Scout Group

Mobile number
E-mail address

Sent from my iPhone 5

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
I don't use a signature. The one that always bugs me is "sent from my iPhone so please excuse any typo." That seems like a denial of responsibility. Use whatever device you want, but own up to your mistakes if you care to use it. It is like if you get into a car to drive, no matter what kind of car it is, if you hit something, you are responsible. Why is it different when you write an email?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I just left it as sent from my iPhone. Same goes for my iPad.

Same here.

Identifying your device (per some other posts) is hardly bragging or cocky (that's a +strange+ reaction).

What it DOES do for the recipient:

They know it's a mobile device, so formatting may be off, grammar might be a little truncated, subsequent responses might be delayed

They know it's a device that's compatible with Messages (vs. just SMS), and [potentially] compatible with FaceTime.

:)

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
For people who use their phones for work outside their office, having a 'sent from an iPhone or Mobile' is basically an excuse for poor grammar and lack of well though out emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.