Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmumaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2013
Have any of you seen an enclosed case that attaches to the waistband? I've been trying to find a completly enclosed case (like arm bands offer) but with a belt clip. Arm bands are horribly irritating to use when running or working out, but they seem to be the only option for actually keeping an ipod out of the rain. I had a clip on case for my old 2nd gen nano that was wonderful, but nobody seems to make cases like that for the 7. For now I've resorted to using a binder clip to attach an armband case to my running shorts.

I can't be the only person who wants this option!

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
You are Not Alone

Have any of you seen an enclosed case that attaches to the waistband? I've been trying to find a completly enclosed case (like arm bands offer) but with a belt clip. Arm bands are horribly irritating to use when running or working out, but they seem to be the only option for actually keeping an ipod out of the rain. I had a clip on case for my old 2nd gen nano that was wonderful, but nobody seems to make cases like that for the 7. For now I've resorted to using a binder clip to attach an armband case to my running shorts.

I can't be the only person who wants this option!

I don't think you are the only one. I agree that the arm bands do seem a bit cumbersome. I opted to keep my iPod Nano (6th generation) for that reason. I have mine on a wristband so it fits just like a watch. The current generation iPod Nano would be just too big to fit on my wrist even if they did make a wrist band for it. A belt clip would be perfect. I hope someone can point you in the right direction

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
^^ I use a case with belt clip like what the user posted above. Works great. Don't like using armbands either.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
The current generation iPod Nano would be just too big to fit on my wrist even if they did make a wrist band for it.

Here's a wristband for the 7G nano. Sure, $20 is a lot to pay for a sweatband, and you'll look like an outcast from a semi-pro basketball team, but it looks comfy. Put the nano on the inside of your wrist, connect up a set BT headphone. Put the Nike+ chip in your shoe. And you're off for a run.

BTW, this belt clip looks like it would offer some moisture protection too.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.