Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old May 3, 2012, 01:52 PM   #126
GorgonPhone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigress666 View Post
And people with your mentality are the reason I have to hear Apple haters bitch that the only reason people buy Apple is to be trendy. You're their proof.

*sigh*.[COLOR="#808080"]
^^^lol. too emotional.. i am a realist stating facts... the iphone 4 and the iphone 4S = to similar.. if the iphone 5 looks like the 4 and the 4S there will be a negative back lash .. FACT..

I buy apple cause it is the best but if they get lazy at the top they will fall..FACT

I skipped the 4S cause it was to much like the 4... if the 5 is like the 4 and 4s will get a used 4S..
Old May 6, 2012, 05:29 AM   #127
ade2bee
macrumors regular

Oh if the rumor that the iPhone 5 is a stretched iPhone 4/4s I'll wet my pants laughing and upgrade to a new Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumors View Post

Following last week's leak of home buttons claimed to be for the next-generation iPhone, parts vendor SW-BOX.com has just posted information on a claimed iPhone 5 SIM card tray fresh from one of its parts suppliers.

The tray appears essentially identical to the SIM card tray found in the iPhone 4S and 4, and if the part is indeed legitimate it suggests that Apple may retain a similar flat-edged form factor for the forthcoming device. Such a design would be opposed to a tapered or rounded-edge design that would likely require a somewhat curved exterior surface for the tray or at least a thinner tray profile as was seen in earlier iPhone models such as the 3G and 3GS.

Apple has been pushing for its own "nano-SIM" standard, but has so far been unable to win approval as competitors have objected to the proposal and offered their own designs for a smaller next-generation SIM card. Unsurprisingly, it appears that a smaller nano-SIM design will not be ready in time to be included in the next-generation iPhone.

Apple is expected to introduce its next-generation iPhone later this year, with many observers suggesting that Apple will once again target the September-October timeframe for the launch. Many users have been hoping for a significant redesign following Apple's pattern of maintaining a similar form factor for two generations between major design overhauls, but part leaks that might reveal Apple's plans have yet to begin surfacing.

Update: As several observers have pointed out, the SIM card tray does have some subtle differences compared to the tray used in the iPhone 4S and 4, with a slight tapering of metal frame pieces and an extra metal shelf not seen in current trays. Consequently, the part certainly appears to not simply be an iPhone 4S SIM card tray, and while it could be a knockoff part, SW-BOX.com and its supplier seem to believe that it is genuine.

(Thanks, CydiaBlog.com)

Article Link: Claimed iPhone 5 SIM Card Tray Appears Identical to iPhone 4S
ade2bee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 06:54 AM   #128
sapporobaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade2bee View Post
Oh if the rumor that the iPhone 5 is a stretched iPhone 4/4s I'll wet my pants laughing and upgrade to a new Android
No one really cares what you do or do not do. Trust me on this. As for wetting your pants, does this include your bed sheets as well?
sapporobaby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2012, 07:32 AM   #129
kid0
macrumors member

the next iphone changing (inside/out) or not, I will still be using iphone without any complaints.. yes, I will do this face a lil inside -> but .. I realized after using so many different kinds of phones the iOS still wins.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:09 PM   #130
MartiNZ
macrumors 65816

Good line. Mine was going to be "but is it really possible to 'upgrade' to 'Android'?"
MartiNZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 11:45 PM   #131
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
It should be pretty obvious on the first glimpse that this is a SIM tray for an iPhone //e.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion