Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarabmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013

jarabmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Seriously, anyone who misses simplicity of folders without going through mp3 tags?

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Seriously, anyone who misses simplicity of folders without going through mp3 tags?

Simplicity? Have you used iTunes or the music app on the iPhone? I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I would think that playlists and being able to view songs, albums and artists would serve the same function, what exactly does browsing by folder give you that these don't?

jarabmx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
Well yes, but that means creating playlist for each folder. There is not a single folder based mp3 app on the Appstore? This is the only thing holding me back.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Your iDevice will sync playlists with iTunes on your PC/Mac, so you can drag/drop a folder of songs into a playlist on your computer then sync and boom, done.

Browsing by folders is a deprecated way of doing things.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012

I believe after a month the answer is no.

I too have my stuff in folders and I started to create playlist for each, it's not that hard. Lately though, I have moved away from playlists and just make use of metadata as Apple intends us to.

Resistance is futile. :)

pickaxe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2012
Nobody mentioned iFile (jailbreak only). It works well and it's easy to move files by using something like iFunBox

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.