Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Humble Indie Bundle 9, a collection of games that are compatible with the Mac including Mark of the Ninja, Brutal Legend, FTL: Faster Than Light, FEZ, Trine 2: Complete Story and a beta for upcoming game Eets Munchies, has been released. As with previous Humble Bundles, the user selects the amount of the purchase and how much money of the purchase goes to chairtable foundations or game developers. This compliation also marks the first time that FEZ and Mark of the Ninja have been compatible with Apple's OS X platform.

Six spectacular games to fill you with glee. Humble Indie Bundle 9 features six wondrous games. Pay what you want and get the visually brilliant magical action-puzzle platformer Trine 2: Complete Story; the sleek side-scrolling stealth game Mark of the Ninja; the deliciously delightful physics-based puzzler Eets Munchies; and the heavy metal action/adventure/RTS rocker Brütal Legend. If you pay over the average, you'll also receive the award-winning space strategy sim FTL: Faster Than Light and the critically acclaimed adorably detailed puzzle platformer FEZ.
Buyers are able to obtain Trine 2: Complete Story, Mark of the Ninja, Eets Munchies Beta and Brutal Legend with any contribution, with FTL: Faster Than Light and FEZ requiring a purchase of more than the average contribution, which currently stands at $4.59, to unlock. Soundtracks are also included with select games, and all downloads are distributed DRM-free while users contributing at least $1 will receive keys to access the titles through video game platform Steam. The Humble Indie Bundle 9 can be purchased through the official Humble Bundle website, and is available through September 25.

Article Link: Mac-Compatible 'Humble Indie Bundle 9' Game Collection Launched with 'Mark of the Ninja' and 'FEZ'

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
Everyone do your part to keep that Mac purchase average up. Linux always "wins" but we should be able to do better than 5 bucks!

I have probably 75 or more games in my Steam library that are Mac compatible just because of the Humble Bundle folks. They are probably the best thing to happen to Mac gaming since Valve released Steam on OS X.

I haven't used boot camp in almost a year. Please support their efforts.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Best game bundle I've seen in a very long time. Will indeed buy — and donate — for both my own and my sons Mac.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention MacRumors.

EmaDaCuz

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2012
I bought the previous one with Paradox games, I skip this one. I would get it only for Brutal Legends, but unfortunately I do not have much time for gaming.
Lovely bundle anyway! I really love Humble Bundle people :)

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
FTL is an excellent game, if you were born back when games weren't easy with giant flashing arrows telling you everywhere to go and failing is impossible.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Seems like a really good bundle, indeed. Notwithstanding the fact that I barely have the time to play games nowadays, I think I am gonna give my contribution as well (higher than the average just to get FTL!).

By the way, "Mark of the Ninja" is almost like an exact copy of the older Mac game "Abuse" - don't you agree?

tarasis

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Here, there and everywhere
Great bundle, I'd have paid more if I didn't already have a few of the games. Played Mark of the Ninja on the Xbox and it's really good. Would play the Mac version but I've only got 256MB VRAM :/

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
Bought it and gifted one to my brother. I was looking for some games to play recently, should fill that void for a little while. I'm curious to see what will be the game announced next week.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
FTL is an excellent game, if you were born back when games weren't easy with giant flashing arrows telling you everywhere to go and failing is impossible.

I highly recommend Metroid Prime 2 if you're looking for a difficult game. I think it's the hardest game I've played that wasn't explicitly advertised as being difficult and was made after Super Nintendo. (I've never actually managed to beat Super Metroid... freaking Phantoon...)

On the topic of this bundle, I'll probably drop $10 on it closer to the deadline... I want to make sure I pay more than average and get FEZ :)

I unlocked the first Eets via the iOS MacHeist game a few years ago and I've never played it. Is it any good? I didn't know what it was and I never bothered doing anything other than redeem it on Steam.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I unlocked the first Eets via the iOS MacHeist game a few years ago and I've never played it. Is it any good? I didn't know what it was and I never bothered doing anything other than redeem it on Steam.

Yeah, I got it on my iOS MacHeist too. I didn't really like it to be honest. It feels like a mobile game, and I don't like playing those on the computer. But I'll give the second a try.

I got the bundle just for FEZ this time around. :D

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
I highly recommend Metroid Prime 2 if you're looking for a difficult game. I think it's the hardest game I've played that wasn't explicitly advertised as being difficult and was made after Super Nintendo. (I've never actually managed to beat Super Metroid... freaking Phantoon...)

On the topic of this bundle, I'll probably drop $10 on it closer to the deadline... I want to make sure I pay more than average and get FEZ :)

I love metroid prime 2 :) And, the original Metroid back in 4th grade. Good times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.