Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harnadem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
Is there a secure (password protected) stand-alone calendar for the iphone 5? I use the calendar that comes with the device for home appt, which I sync to iCloud. However, I want to have a secure (non-sync) calendar that I can use to record upcoming patient appointments for my clinic.

The two requirements I have are: (1) it has a second level of password protection. The iphone is pass code protected already. (2) I can disable syncing with cloud-based calendars. I don't want the patient information to be distributed in any way outside of the device.

Does such a calendar exist?

soch

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2010
portland
Is there a secure (password protected) stand-alone calendar for the iphone 5? I use the calendar that comes with the device for home appt, which I sync to iCloud. However, I want to have a secure (non-sync) calendar that I can use to record upcoming patient appointments for my clinic.

The two requirements I have are: (1) it has a second level of password protection. The iphone is pass code protected already. (2) I can disable syncing with cloud-based calendars. I don't want the patient information to be distributed in any way outside of the device.

Not sure if it does. But if you can give me specific requirements may be we can develop one. Send me a PM.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013

have you tried the free GOOGLE calendar on your mobile phone

harnadem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
have you tried the free GOOGLE calendar on your mobile phone

I do not believe that the Google calendar would serve the purpose. I want to avoid sending patient information off of the device, such as to the iCloud and Google Sync servers

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Outlook.com email account/calendar. Free

Divide app, exchange sync to that Outlook.com app. Free

I use Divide as the exchange client for my work email. Keeps it nice and separated from my personal stuff. You can set a passcode for the app itself.

Edit
Oops missed the later non cloud requirement.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Outlook.com email account/calendar. Free

Divide app, exchange sync to that Outlook.com app. Free

I use Divide as the exchange client for my work email. Keeps it nice and separated from my personal stuff. You can set a passcode for the app itself.

Edit
Oops missed the later non cloud requirement.

Hi Menel

I am really interested in the idea above. Could you please elaborate a little more ?

TIA
regards
subu

ps : Is this outlook.com email you are talking about the same as the hotmail = msn = outlook dot com that is recently come up ?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi Menel

I am really interested in the idea above. Could you please elaborate a little more ?

TIA
regards
subu

ps : Is this outlook.com email you are talking about the same as the hotmail = msn = outlook dot com that is recently come up ?
I don't know how to elaborate further, ask specifically. Also note that I have yet to use the service for any length of time.

Yes Outlook.com = outlook dot com
I think...

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
Rather than use a calendar application have you considered a database application such as FileMaker Pro.

SSMed

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
I don't know how to elaborate further, ask specifically. Also note that I have yet to use the service for any length of time.

Yes Outlook.com = outlook dot com
I think...

thanks for the reply. Let me ask specific questions

1. where do I start ? probably open a hotmail account ? right ?
2. then next what ? upgrade to outlook dot com ? right ?
3. then what ?
4. just simple one line answers or links
5. links to other threads on this outlook dot com + calendar would also be appreciated !!!

thanks in advance

best regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.