Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech Bloke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I am having great problems doing what should be straight forward.

I am very frustrated!! I have, in the last twenty four hours just wasted two DVD+R RW discs and one DVD-R disc! :mad:

I imported into Final Cut Pro 6.0.6 on my MacBook Pro and edited a video I recorded on camera, sent it to Compressor 3.0.5 where I selected the "DVD Best Quality 90 Minutes", "Dolby Digital Professional 2.0" and "MPEG-2 6.2Mbps 2-pass" and dropped them onto my FCP video that was exported to here then compressed and imported the two linked audio and video tracks into DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1. I then created a "Build" folder and formatted the video. After setting the copyright I "burned".

All three discs don't play on a standard DVD player connected to TVs and the Mac Mini even rejects them!! :confused:

I bought FCP 6.0.6 with my MacBook Pro as I thought it was supposed to be one of the top video editing apps around and I'm not going to play the manufacturers game of keep updating the software or replacing the computer every couple of years. Apple products are supposedly superior and built to last!

Any Final Cut Studio 2 experts out there that can help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.