Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 AM   #1
MacAPOL
macrumors member

Lightbulb How well (or Bad) is your I5 doing?

Hi guys, just post how much time since you bought your iPhone 5 and how is it doing (scuffs, scratches, broken parts, bending, etc)
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:17 AM   #3
MacAPOL
macrumors member

Red face

Thanks man! Sory for the Post
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Leonard1818
macrumors 68000

No worries! Everyone is new(er) at some point ha ha

BTW mine is doing good. I have a black one and I put a skin on it but no case. I have dropped it once (IIRC) but no scratches, bending, etc.

I think it's all very real (scratches, bending, breaks, whatever) but I think it's really overhyped and not typical.
Leonard1818 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:57 PM   #5
itjw
macrumors 6502a

I believe lots of things are real, and there are lots of real things that almost never happen...

Of all of the iPhone 5's I've seen in real life outside of the Apple store (and it seems like every other person has one now lol...) I haven't seen or heard of ONE with a single problem. But, oddly enough, when I peruse the forums (where there is no way to validate anything) it seems problems run rampant.

I wonder why that is???

Again, I DO believe that scuffs, bends, damage out of the box, etc... HAPPEN. It's just that they are extremely rare, and not anywhere near in number what the Internet would have you believe.

I've gone naked since day one, and the phone looks as close to perfect as a mass produced consumer electronic can.

Now in fariness I don't sit on my phone (bends) or take crappy care of it (scuffs). I'm sure if you did you could damage/bend it if you wanted to...
itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:02 PM   #6
wxman2003
macrumors 65816

My phone, since I received it October 1st, has been mucho perfecto. No screen protector, no case, no scratches, no scuffs, no wifi issues, no screen issues, no dropped calls. Of course, I know what I am doing. Smartphones are for smart people. iPhones are for geniuses.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:07 PM   #7
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

My iPhone is doing alright. I've got scratches on it that I never had on my iPhone 4s just after owning my iPhone 5 for a few weeks. So it doesn't seem AS durable as the iPhone 4s but it's aluminum? vs glass so ... what can you say. I also got AppleCare+ on my iPhone 5 so I may not be babying it as much as I think I am (or as I did with my iPhone 4s).

I have a scratch on the screen but it isn't bad. But I never scratched my 4s so my overall impression is that it's not as good as the 4s in durability. But the decreased weight, long battery life, LTE.... win in my book.
BigMcGuire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Browns2212
macrumors regular

Mine is doing great. No real complaints.

Best cell phone I've ever had.
Browns2212 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 03:29 PM   #9
Peanut207
macrumors 6502

Been naked since I've had it on release day (Black) and its still in pretty much mint condition. Very very slight wear and tear on chamfered edges but hardly noticeable. I love it.
Peanut207 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone