Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
3 of those displays are Dell's. That sucks. Then again, Apple Display's kind of suck too. Not my cup of tea. Day trader wank-fest right there. Complete with the pony-tail.
Rather have 1 Eizo CG276. Or 2:D

Hah...well only graphics and design people really buy Eizos, let alone know what they are. To me, they're even a bit overkill for video editors because broadcast and film doesn't live in RGB land. A Blackmagic or AJA capture card running out to a calibrated broadcast monitor makes a lot more sense in those situations and you just don't need that level of accuracy at the GUI level.

To each their own, I guess.

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
Just WOW. I'm not saying that I want that setup but it is extreme.

I could go for 5x3... that Quake one is using 8x3. But I would only want to if/when LCDs become available without border flanges. I almost think a projector might be better tho - dunno, never tried to game on a decent projector. <shrug>

derbothaus

macrumors 601
Jul 17, 2010
Hah...well only graphics and design people really buy Eizos, let alone know what they are. To me, they're even a bit overkill for video editors because broadcast and film doesn't live in RGB land. A Blackmagic or AJA capture card running out to a calibrated broadcast monitor makes a lot more sense in those situations and you just don't need that level of accuracy at the GUI level.

Yeah. If you are going to do it. Do it. Auto calibration and A-TW polarizers for VA like black depths should be looked at for film people as well. Super fast switching times to boot.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010

Perhaps add in a waveform deck:D.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.