Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
That sucks about buttons falling out. On a similar note, are the buttons hard to press? Are their advantages to chrome over matte or vise versa?

Buttons are super easy to press, never had an issue. I haven't tried anything other than the matte finish.

Anthony81586

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
Just ordered the black/matte today. I've been following the leverage since its inception but never bought one because of the back order and then the issues. It's unfortunate that the peeling is STILL a problem, especially for a $50 bumper case. Oh well, I'm still excited and if the customer support will send me replacements as the peeling happens then so be it.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Anyone have any issues with the buttons falling out? I'm on my 3rd case... Image

They've been great about sending replacements.

Contacting them tonight for a replacement to my 2nd one r/t peeling of the soft touch. I lost my power button on my first one.... so far so good on my second.

cont....They want me to send this one back before sending me out a new one this time. That makes me a bit upset as I'll need to come up with something to use until then. Gonna send both of the POS back. They want it back to "study" why the soft touch is coming off...... ummmmm it's been happening from the start, you'd think that would be enough time to figure it out.

"Soft touch" satin finish on my casecrown slider didn't wear off and I had that on as long as both of the leverage cases.

Awaiting shipping label.....

Ok shipped both of my "defective" cases off on Monday 29 July 13 so still waiting to see what's up. Will advise later.

Last edited:

jordanogrady

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2010
Any UK suppliers for one of these? All the best cases are over the pond, and $31 shipping!

Thanks
Jordan

Silver5656

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
when this case/company first came out for the iphone 4s i fell in love. was one of the first to order it (black/chrome). I was one of the people who complained that the leverage was scratching the phone. They eventually sent out a sticker. 5 days after the warranty ended, the button on the top broke off. I was denied a replacement (wasnt mad, it was 5 days after the warranty ended). Either way, I still liked the way it looked (even though it was peeling). So again I ordered another, this time in white/chrome. They fixed the rubbing issue but I immediately noticed the quality was not as good. The leverage did not feel as secure and the button on top BARELY sat above the lever. Again, I still liked the company/product. A few months later, the button broke again. This time it was under warranty and they sent out a replacement. I told them there might be a flaw in the design of the button as both of my cases broke. No reply regarding this possible design flaw. So the 3rd case I received was another white/chrome which this time I gave to my gf to use as I had another case on to use temporarily. AGAIN I felt that the quality of the product was even worse. The lever would barely close, and the button was sitting low once again. At this point I was becoming a skeptic. The straw that broke the camels back? That button broke as well. ALL of my cases from them have broken buttons. Am I gonna ask for another replacement? Heck no, i'll move on. Do I still like the design/concept? Yes. All buttons breaking? Quality/design flaw.

bighabeeb

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2010
when this case/company first came out for the iphone 4s i fell in love. was one of the first to order it (black/chrome). I was one of the people who complained that the leverage was scratching the phone. They eventually sent out a sticker. 5 days after the warranty ended, the button on the top broke off. I was denied a replacement (wasnt mad, it was 5 days after the warranty ended). Either way, I still liked the way it looked (even though it was peeling). So again I ordered another, this time in white/chrome. They fixed the rubbing issue but I immediately noticed the quality was not as good. The leverage did not feel as secure and the button on top BARELY sat above the lever. Again, I still liked the company/product. A few months later, the button broke again. This time it was under warranty and they sent out a replacement. I told them there might be a flaw in the design of the button as both of my cases broke. No reply regarding this possible design flaw. So the 3rd case I received was another white/chrome which this time I gave to my gf to use as I had another case on to use temporarily. AGAIN I felt that the quality of the product was even worse. The lever would barely close, and the button was sitting low once again. At this point I was becoming a skeptic. The straw that broke the camels back? That button broke as well. ALL of my cases from them have broken buttons. Am I gonna ask for another replacement? Heck no, i'll move on. Do I still like the design/concept? Yes. All buttons breaking? Quality/design flaw.

Can't totally disagree with you - I've burnt through 2 of these on my 4/4s and now 2 of them on my 5, both of which had the power button break off. That having been said, Graft replaced both of mine with no questions asked...not sure where I was in the warranty period, but they definitely stood behind their product for me.

Largely irrelevant since, with iOS7, I'm back to using a mophie anyway.

graphiteevo

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Scooped up a Leverage i5 in Black & Rose Gold :)

front.jpg

back.jpg

fraktur

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013
I'm looking at the images of the headphone jack and it looks terribly small... anyone have the Bose IE2 Audio Headphones and know if it's an issue?

How much larger is it than the iphone jack? I dont own those earbuds but they should be fine, might just fit a bit snug if anything. The guy in the amazon photo is using them with the original iPhone which had the recessed opening and required slim jack housings, if it works on that it should be fine here (barring any changes in design).

byomes

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
10584109136_817d06368c_z.jpg

10584202184_e0790865be_z.jpg

10584458023_6f96eac228_z.jpg

-My audio techinica - M50's definately dont fit :( (thinking about using a round file to open up some space.

Overall the fitment is great.
A few things that could be improved:
-The 3 plastic corners of the phone have a extrusion created from the manufacturing process (easy fix - carefully wet sand the corners with 1200 grit)
-The joint on the metal latch have a small space for the screws to line up, mine came slightly off

dasanii

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
Can someone help me? I just received my case but the latch won't clip down. I had the i4 case and I'm pretty sure I'm not using it incorrectly. Could mine be defective?
cFQtD09.jpg

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Can someone help me? I just received my case but the latch won't clip down. I had the i4 case and I'm pretty sure I'm not using it incorrectly. Could mine be defective?

When this happened to me, I just made sure that everything was lined up and pressed harder. it should snap into place.

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Before you lock it down you have to be sure the small "hook" on the silver part is actually in the groove of the black part. Your photo suggests the hook isn't in place.

arayofray

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
was just wondering, does this case add lots of bulk to the phone?
Saw in many vids and pics that it looks quite thick, just wanted confirmation to be sure, thanks!

fraktur

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2013

It snaps a bit differently than the 4, you have to push down from the corner (right of the sleep/wake button if the screen is facing you) while pushing the latch in from the side. Requires a bit more force than the 4.

Fantom555

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2007
New York City
anyone get the grey with rose gold. i am getting the 5s gold next week and not sure what color to get i was thinking the grey looked nice in the picture but i haven seen it other then there site. i already have the black with silver on my current iPhone 5.

dasanii

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2012
Thanks guys, yeah it requires more force than the i4 case for it to snap on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.