Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Feb 9, 2014, 01:04 AM   #126
iLog.Genius
macrumors 68040

Right now, my favourite headphones are the Grado SR80i and Audio Technica ATH-M50 or ATH-M30. SR80i's if you're just looking for clean and neutral sounding headphones, they don't attempt to hide or be something they're not and at a great price. The ATH-M50 or M30 if you're looking for that full audiophile sound that is well rounded.

But it comes down to what you're looking for. I can't say Bose or Beats are bad because they have their own distinctive sound that some people do look for and let's be honest, while not audiophile quality, they still sound relatively good but the price is all wrong.
iLog.Genius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:22 PM   #127
Lunfai
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLog.Genius View Post
Right now, my favourite headphones are the Grado SR80i and Audio Technica ATH-M50 or ATH-M30. SR80i's if you're just looking for clean and neutral sounding headphones, they don't attempt to hide or be something they're not and at a great price. The ATH-M50 or M30 if you're looking for that full audiophile sound that is well rounded.

But it comes down to what you're looking for. I can't say Bose or Beats are bad because they have their own distinctive sound that some people do look for and let's be honest, while not audiophile quality, they still sound relatively good but the price is all wrong.
I like the m50s. For portal headphones, I liked the p3 bowers and Wilkins but I recently replaced them with KEF M500s. IMO they blew away the senheiser momentums that I had.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:29 AM   #128
Zellio
macrumors 6502a

I've owned a pair of sennheiser 595's for several years, got it on sale for $120, and it not only blows the beats away but the bass is excellent too!

You can get far more for your money if you look around. Beats is a $170 fashion statement with $10-$30 headphones attached.
Zellio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 03:03 PM   #129
iLog.Genius
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunfai View Post
I like the m50s. For portal headphones, I liked the p3 bowers and Wilkins but I recently replaced them with KEF M500s. IMO they blew away the senheiser momentums that I had.
I was so excited to get the chance to hear the KEF 500s but was extremely disappointed as to how bright they were. Perhaps they could use some burn in but I don't think it would've made a huge difference. I used to like a bit more treble than the average listener but having been around loudspeakers from Harbeth, Neat, Castle and even KEF, I became a fan of the deep, warm and "airy" sound, something the M500's were not.
iLog.Genius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2014, 01:29 AM   #130
Dav1boy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellio View Post
Beats is a $170 fashion statement with $10-$30 headphones attached.
Lmao! My friend u just won quote of the year! And its only February.
Dav1boy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Tags
beats by dre, headphones