Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnwebster79

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
California
I decide to give up my bulky leather case for a slim profile case. I found smartsuite for 36.99 at macmall or Poetic Slimline for 34.99 at Poetic site. Both cases are look similar.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Switcheasy has the same kind of case for $19.99. It includes extras like port covers, screen protector and microfiber. Oh and it works with the smart cover. It's called the cover buddy.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I decide to give up my bulky leather case for a slim profile case. I found smartsuite for 36.99 at macmall or Poetic Slimline for 34.99 at Poetic site. Both cases are look similar.

The Poetic Slimline is available for Pre-Order on Amazon for $4.95.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3KKL56/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

It hasn't been released yet, so it has yet to be determined which will be better, but for $4.95 it will probably be the better value unless it's horrible.

----------

Switcheasy has the same kind of case for $19.99. It includes extras like port covers, screen protector and microfiber. Oh and it works with the smart cover. It's called the cover buddy.

He's talking about cases with built in back and front. The coverbuddy is just for the back and you need the smart cover for the front.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Um, they are probably more like designers... I don't know if I would classify them as engineers. None of the engineers I know spent all that time in school to design cases.

splitting hairs, what we like to do here at MR.....try and add some content, rather than critiquing that does no good....and BTW, injection molding/CNC plug work is engineering...not designing a pretty case...

Last edited:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
splitting hairs, what we like to do here at MR.....try and add some content, rather than critiquing that does no good....

I think you are taking this a bit too personally. I was just saying your use of engineer was probably a bit off. As far as adding content, I think my original post in this thread took care of that and was what the OP was looking for. All you did was yell at him for using the word "best" and told him to wait.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
$4.99 for the Poetic... I will give it a try. I bought the Moko for $2.99 and shipping was like 4 bucks. For a 7 dollar investment, I can't really complain. The issues with the Moko is that is adds thickness but its a pretty well designed case/stand combo. This Poetic slim case sure does look thin. All I really am looking for is getting my iPad mini from point A to B without damage from a drop or scuffing.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I just ordered one -- they said they're in stock. Did that status just change? (There was no mention of pre-order.)

Regards,
Tom

I ordered mine awhile back and it is estimated to ship tomorrow which is probably why its showing in stock.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
I think Poetic Slimline was better in price point for sure. And With Amazon Prime, it is a very good deal.

However, for me, The White Version of Slimline have "Black" Snap on. I prefer White Snap on with White case, so I go with Joy Factory instead.

cali0028

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
Seems like its in stock based on color? I ordered the red one and its per order only and starts shipping on 15th... For 5$ you can't go wrong lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.