Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Here's my problem. Firefox running very slow so loaded GChrome. Tried to migrate FF bookmarks and finally after installing bookmark sync a strange transfer (partial) happened. I had a folder named " Television" well it transfered dozens of folders to the tool bar one for each book mark in the original "Television" folder. Other folders like "weather" ended up on the tool bar but empty. It's very frustrating...any help in this matter appreciated.

When I tried originally to transfer only Safari was listed in the drop down for transfer, not Firefox. Eventually Firefox turned up but I noticed it was actually
"FirFox" (e Missing)

thanks for helping if you can.

Boca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Gonna call a tech guy. Will post what he discovers. Thanks for viewing.

bryan.cfii

macrumors member
May 13, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Chromes bookmarks just aren't that great

I really think that bookmarks were kind of half an after thought for Chromes developers. In future, you may want to consider exporting them out of a browser in the various formats offered and importing them that way. Then, they are just files and not something form another browser.

I use FF and have never had the slow down deal happen to me. I hope it doesn't cause I need the keywords and search customizing too much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.