Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
Hi,

I don't want to deter you from dabbling in Geek Tool, but I took a look at it and it was easy for me to decide that this was the domain of folks who have previous experience with code. Geek Tool hacks your system and you need to be able to back yourself out if something goes bad. I decided to just admire what these people can do with it in the Post Your Desktop thread that runs each month. I followed the link you posted and the fine print at the end said that the script had produced errors due to loosing punctuation in spots when posted. Step by step won't happen.

Relax and enjoy the show. I'm happy with my Widgets.

Dale

Emeraldscorpion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Errm...

Actually what I need is the image of the weather. And, i'm determined to used Geektool.
Also, I prefer suggestions without the use of Lynx.
I need something like this:

Attachments

• WeatherImage.jpg
    WeatherImage.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9,132

Emeraldscorpion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009

So what happens when you copy/paste that guy's php into your geektool? It works just fine for me.

The thing is, I don't know how to use php scripts, except that i think that you're supposed to upload them to a server...I think.

Emeraldscorpion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Of course

So do you even know what GeekTool is, or did you just see the end result and expect everyone else to do the necessary background explaining for you? Have you even tried to learn how to use it?

Of course i did! Here's my wallpaper and geektool prefs right now:

Attachments

• Geektool prefs.jpg
    Geektool prefs.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 287
  • Wallpaper.jpg
    Wallpaper.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 338

Wetbaby

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Unable to get the weather descriptions out

Hi,

Have been having trouble getting the description out on my desktop. Did manage to get the weather image out tho. Tried using countless scripts to troubleshoot. It just will not come out. Anyone can help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.