Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YodasMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
I tried out a mini as well today. I was quite surprised by the weight, especially compared to my iPad 3.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW
I tried out a mini as well today. I was quite surprised by the weight, especially compared to my iPad 3.

I did the same thing yesterday at the Apple store and I was quite impressed with the iPad mini's weight. With that being said, I'm still quite happy with my iPad 3 and don't see an iPad mini in my future.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I like the form factor and its nicely built, but the screen is terrible. The resolution is way too low, and everything is blurry/fuzzy.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I can't believe how many people are overreacting to the screen haha. I finally got my hands on one yesterday and after reading so much here I was afraid I might go blind from looking at the screen :p

Maybe it is because I have an iPad 2 now but I also have an iPhone 5 and have played with many retina devices, yes the retina screen looks better, but the clarity of the mini is already better than my iPad 2 (which has a cracked screen) and the form factor is fantastic. I feel like I would be so much more likely to take the mini places than I currently do with my iPad 2. I was so impressed with it that I am seriously considering selling the 2 for what I can and putting it toward a mini.

sweetbrat

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2009
Redford, MI
We have an iPad 3rd gen, and an iPad Mini. Are the screens different? Of course. Did I know that when I bought it? Yes. Is the screen so bad that it's unusable? Not even close. To some people, the lack of retina screen is a dealbreaker. To others, it's really not an issue. I'm more than happy to have a smaller, lighter device with no retina. I can go from my 15" high-res MBP screen, to my iPhone 4S, to my iPad Mini with no problem at all.

Everyone is different, and different things bother us. No device is perfect for everyone, including the mini. But just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it isn't suitable for a lot of other people.

Fritter60

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Just pulled it up on 4th gen touch no need to zoom. Will try it out on mini in store,was it really that small?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.