Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 18, 2010, 06:14 AM   #1
vfrederik
macrumors newbie

Time Capsule, Xbox and NAT settings.

Hello there..
I recently moved to a new a apartment and since then, am I having nothing but trouble. I've been struggling with the NAT setting on my iMac, because of bad connections and warnings on my Xbox. I want to change the settings from "strict" to "open", but I have no idea how?...
I use the newest Time Capsule and my iMac is from late 2009.

PS:In my last apartment I had one modem and a Time Capsule. The modem supplied the Internet from our TV cable (I think) and then my Time Capsule that took the internet and made it wireless. I don't know if it's any help, but we didn't have any problems back then.
Now we only have my Time Capsule, that's using a regular internet cable from a little tiny white box that's hanging on our kitchen wall.

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!
vfrederik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:08 PM   #2
macnoober
macrumors newbie

Here's a simple guide to resolving the strict/moderate NAT problem for your Apple routers and Xbox Live:

If you want to try the DEFAULT HOST option(this is referred to as putting your Xbox in the DMZ; it puts the Xbox IN FRONT of the router, your internet connection bypasses the router and goes straight to the Xbox). This is the easiest/fastest method:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcAtB5NUqKs

If you want to try NAT PORT MAPPING PROTOCOL- https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3414
here's the ports you'll need:
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

If you're using the Xbox wireless adapter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz2-MhxBVg
macnoober is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help