Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 8, 2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Baris112
macrumors newbie

Windows XP internet driver doesn't work

Hello, I've got a 2010 Macbook with 10.6.8 on it.

The reason why I need Windows is because I want to play games on it. After installing Windows XP without any problems, I afterwards installed the Bootcamp Drivers. The problem is that I can't use internet on it. In the Device Manager Internet is showed as exclamation beside it.

I'm still looking for a solution, but couldn't find any.
Baris112 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2
marikavs
macrumors member

Hang in there

If my experience is any indication, eventually it will work. I had to restart my BootCamped XP Pro three times before it would connect to the Internet...

After I transferred the XP setup from an original MacBook to another old, but newer, MacBook Pro I ran the Bootcamp Drivers again, and had the same problem you did. While I was pondering how to fix it (and doing other things in OS X, which is why I ended up restarting) it eventually "fixed itself."

If somebody else knows another fix, by all means use it. The only reason I posted is because nobody else has.

Last edited by marikavs; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: the "s" dropped off "knows"
marikavs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac