Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1
shenan1982
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
iPad Mini LTE in-store availability\launch date?

So I've seen several threads in here talking about how AT&T will likely have the mini LTE in stock on Friday the 16th. Are we thinking that'll be the day Apple gets them too, or do we think it's going to be a week later? Anyone have any intel from Apple or heard anything from any stores? I called 800MYAPPLE and they said stores should have them as soon as the first deliveries for pre-orders, as they batch them up and ship them from China to the stores as well.

I've got a pre-order that says delivers on the 21, and I'm wondering if I'll be better off just going into the store to pick one up.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 PM   #2
christof
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SFO, JFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
So I've seen several threads in here talking about how AT&T will likely have the mini LTE in stock on Friday the 16th. Are we thinking that'll be the day Apple gets them too, or do we think it's going to be a week later? Anyone have any intel from Apple or heard anything from any stores? I called 800MYAPPLE and they said stores should have them as soon as the first deliveries for pre-orders, as they batch them up and ship them from China to the stores as well.

I've got a pre-order that says delivers on the 21, and I'm wondering if I'll be better off just going into the store to pick one up.
I'm in the same boat, still waiting for my midnight AT&T preorder to get a tracking number. I figure that I'll buy through AT&T on Friday to sign a two-year contract and save $100 I was going to continue paying $30 for unlimited data forever anyway.

I haven't heard of any official launch date yet, but my plan is to go to AT&T first thing in the morning on Friday to buy it with a two-year commitment agreement. I'll return my Apple order whenever it arrives.
christof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:36 PM   #3
shenan1982
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
I'm in the same boat, still waiting for my midnight AT&T preorder to get a tracking number. I figure that I'll buy through AT&T on Friday to sign a two-year contract and save $100 I was going to continue paying $30 for unlimited data forever anyway.

I haven't heard of any official launch date yet, but my plan is to go to AT&T first thing in the morning on Friday to buy it with a two-year commitment agreement. I'll return my Apple order whenever it arrives.
I'm just going to add it to my mobile share plan on ATT. It'll only increase the bill $10 a month, so no biggie. I use it outside of wifi so rarely it won't even dent my data pool.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4
AdonisSMU
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
I'm just going to add it to my mobile share plan on ATT. It'll only increase the bill $10 a month, so no biggie. I use it outside of wifi so rarely it won't even dent my data pool.
What's what I was gonna do. However, I don't want to keep two iPad minis.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:38 PM   #5
AlvinNguyen
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
I'm in the same boat, still waiting for my midnight AT&T preorder to get a tracking number. I figure that I'll buy through AT&T on Friday to sign a two-year contract and save $100 I was going to continue paying $30 for unlimited data forever anyway.

I haven't heard of any official launch date yet, but my plan is to go to AT&T first thing in the morning on Friday to buy it with a two-year commitment agreement. I'll return my Apple order whenever it arrives.
Do you know if AT&T will allow grandfathered unlimited users to get the discount? I haven't heard anything like that but if they do it would be awesome!
__________________
"If it came easy, you're not dreaming big enough."
WWW.ALVINNGUYEN.COM
AlvinNguyen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:42 PM   #6
shenan1982
Thread Starter
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
What's what I was gonna do. However, I don't want to keep two iPad minis.
No, I'll give the WiFi one away to someone.. i'm not going to keep 2, lol. That's unnecessary.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinNguyen View Post
Do you know if AT&T will allow grandfathered unlimited users to get the discount? I haven't heard anything like that but if they do it would be awesome!
I think they will, they did with iPhone upgrades... as long as you're eligible I don't see why not. The only stumbling block I see is that you may run into an issue if you're going from a monthly\no contract plan to a contract plan (which is what the new one would be)... but they're stupid if they don't allow it. It would be bad business for them to say they'd rather have you at risk of walking for 2 years vs giving you $100 to lock you in as a customer for that time frame. But AT&T has done stupider things.
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC