Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:23 AM   #1
Shehzad
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
OS X Lion

Hi everyone!

Can anyone guide me to roll back my original OS X Lion, because my cousin tried to install a torrent copy of OS X Mountain Lion and now I cannot use my MacBook Pro at all...every time I start my MacBook Pro it takes me to the installation page and stopped after 2 minutes..

Need your expert help Please..
Shehzad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:57 AM   #2
SDAVE
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nowhere
OS X does not have DRM, so I doubt it has to do with a torrent'ed copy. The install must have gone wrong.

What you can do is backup your data (home folder, etc) and then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch.
__________________
iPhone 5, MacBook Pro (2011), Mac Pro 2008, Apple Cinema Display 30" Aluminium
SDAVE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:45 AM   #3
Shehzad
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDAVE View Post
OS X does not have DRM, so I doubt it has to do with a torrent'ed copy. The install must have gone wrong.

What you can do is backup your data (home folder, etc) and then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch.

Dave.... I wish I could see the home screen once. Now problem is that, System couldn't able to reach to the home.


Tell me what should I do with the MacBook Pro to reach the my desktop screen. I was happy with the OS X Lion..
Shehzad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:53 AM   #4
SDAVE
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehzad View Post
Dave.... I wish I could see the home screen once. Now problem is that, System couldn't able to reach to the home.


Tell me what should I do with the MacBook Pro to reach the my desktop screen. I was happy with the OS X Lion..
Might have to reinstall OS X.

Hold Option during bootup and choose Recovery when you see the list. From there, choose Reinstall.

Report back.

Mountain Lion is far better than Lion and going back doesn't make sense. Also ML is only $20, which is not much money. If you can afford a MBP you can afford $20
__________________
iPhone 5, MacBook Pro (2011), Mac Pro 2008, Apple Cinema Display 30" Aluminium
SDAVE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Shehzad
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDAVE View Post
Might have to reinstall OS X.

Hold Option during bootup and choose Recovery when you see the list. From there, choose Reinstall.

Report back.

Mountain Lion is far better than Lion and going back doesn't make sense. Also ML is only $20, which is not much money. If you can afford a MBP you can afford $20
Dave:::: Can I download the ML from Internet without using Apple App Store?

I tried the way you suggested but its says:::: the disk is locked...
Can you please tell me how to unlock the disk??

Last edited by Shehzad; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: New update
Shehzad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:39 AM   #6
old-wiz
macrumors 604
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Suburban Boston Ma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehzad View Post
Dave:::: Can I download the ML from Internet without using Apple App Store?

I tried the way you suggested but its says:::: the disk is locked...
Can you please tell me how to unlock the disk??
downloading via internet without going to app store is piracy and you get no help with that here.

there are ways to deal with locked disks...a search will find it.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Shehzad
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post
downloading via internet without going to app store is piracy and you get no help with that here.

there are ways to deal with locked disks...a search will find it.
Wiz::: when installation shows error then " OS X utilities " shows and I guess I can download from Internet in that way...but after accepting the agreement, it shows " this disk is locked" now this is the problem " how I can unlock the disk" keep in mind that I cannot download any other software...because I have an installation problem.

Suggests me any solution that can save my data and I can either roll back to Lion or can install Mountain Lion.
Shehzad is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC