Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsMacTonight

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2013
Oregon-Go Ducks!
I chatted earlier with Apple Store. I was told that all iMacs are being shipped expedited and there is no option to pay for it. I missed this message if covered earlier. Is this the truth???

Transcript of chat:

You are now chatting with Curtis V

Hello! Welcome to the Apple Online Store. How are you doing today?

I noticed many people received expedited shipping on their iMac order. Some upgraded for free some paid. What is this option?

There is not an option to get exipited shipping when you place the order, it is something that it automatically down with the iMac since it is on back order.

So my order is expedited shipping though it still says standard shipping?

That is correct. The iMac already comes with the fastest shipping possible since it is on back order.

Wow! Very cool. Thanks for the information and friendly chat!

Awesome! Is there anything else I can help you with on the Apple Online Store tonight?

No, Thanks so much!

You're welcome! It has been a pleasure chatting with you and I hope I was able to give you an excellent experience with the Apple Online Store! If you have anymore questions feel free to chat back in with us again. Have a great night!

trustever

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2013
That is the bare minimum they can do when you wait 2/3 weeks to be shipped...
Thanks Apple!!

Tekolive

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2013
Lie

Just so you know I have found this to be a lie. I ordered a 27 inch iMac and was told that the shipping would be automatically expedited despite it saying standard. It shipped with regular ground shipping (on a truck from California, I live in NY). I had verified the shipping twice by phone and offered to pay to upgrade it both times while waiting for the computer to be put together. I called when it shipped regular ground and they said that what they meant was that they would make every effort to expedite putting the computer together... obviously I was pissed because that's ridiculous. They also said it was too late to change it, and that I should have selected expedited shipping before it shipped.

So yeah, its a lie.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.