Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
lol, looks like everyone is enjoying the troll post

What I'm enjoying more is the first page of how everyone basically defends Apple saying virtually the same thing. Not saying Apple is wrong or right. But wow Apple has a good defense team on the Internet. :eek::rolleyes:

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I think OP is claiming someone stole the phone (during transit perhaps). So, Apple could assume some responsibility by identifying the phone (if it is connected to the network) and then notifying the location to the police. Apple, and other manufacturers/carriers, could nearly eliminate theft if the location of stolen devices were reported to police then the police incarcerated the thieves.

Lol. It's not apples job to track stolen phones. And arresting every phone thief would be a horrendous waste of police time.

modelsown

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2008
We have 5 apple stores within the greater Vancouver area. All within a 25 min drive if each other. I'm not sure why the OP wouldn't just visit at one of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.