Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:53 AM   #1
msavaski
macrumors newbie

Mac POS Software for Retail Business

I am starting a small retail business (gift shop) and looking for some good POS software to run on my iMac.
I know that there are a few out there, but having trouble finding credible reviews for them (Checkout, MacPOS, POSIM Evo, Lightspeed, PayGo, etc.).
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to shell out a bunch of money for the software not to work correctly or has terrible customer service!
Please help!!!

Last edited by msavaski; Apr 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
msavaski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:59 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by msavaski View Post
I am starting a small retail business (gift shop) and looking for some good POS software to run on my iMac.
I know that there are a few out there, but having trouble finding credible reviews for them (Checkout, MacPOS, POSIM Evo, Lightspeed, PayGo, etc.).
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to shell out a bunch of money for the software not to work correctly or has terrible customer service!
Please help!!!
I don't have personal experience with any of them, but I had a lengthy conversation with a retailer who I noticed was using Checkout. They had done a lot of research and were very pleased with Checkout's ease of use and flexibility. From our discussion, I gathered that which solution is best is somewhat determined by the particular type of business you run. For example, some are more inventory-intensive and require complex inventory item descriptions, categories, etc. Other businesses have simpler needs.

I'd recommend you find people with your type of business who use Mac-compatible POS systems and find out their experience. Even though they may use only one system, chances are they researched several others, as well.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:45 AM   #3
msavaski
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
I don't have personal experience with any of them, but I had a lengthy conversation with a retailer who I noticed was using Checkout. They had done a lot of research and were very pleased with Checkout's ease of use and flexibility. From our discussion, I gathered that which solution is best is somewhat determined by the particular type of business you run. For example, some are more inventory-intensive and require complex inventory item descriptions, categories, etc. Other businesses have simpler needs.

I'd recommend you find people with your type of business who use Mac-compatible POS systems and find out their experience. Even though they may use only one system, chances are they researched several others, as well.
Thank you for your input! I have been researching, but I guess PC POS is still somewhat the norm. I just cannot bring myself to purchase another PC, I would rather my Mac!
msavaski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2013, 11:51 PM   #4
wepiii
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by msavaski View Post
Please help!!!
Have you considered looking into the ios POS options? IPads have gotten so cheap, they are hard to beat. Plus then your actual computer isn't tied into your POS. Their are several different options in the App Store.
wepiii is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store