gCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2013, 03:52 PM   #8302
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by gCloud View Post

Finally
Finally indeed!

To answer your question, I updated it this afternoon at work, but didn't put it on charge. When I got home this evening I did a restore. Both times I set it up as a new phone (I.e. not using a backup).

I know you are skeptical about the DND thing, and it might just have been coincidence, but it has improved this evening (unlike my first 5s which was 0,0,0 immediately after installing 7.0.3 but then drifted off.

The touch sensor is working quickly and accurately as well, so I think I finally have a good 5s. And it must have been one of the first to be built!
smr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:39 AM   #8303
jauui12
macrumors newbie

UK order

Just thought i'd let other people know what the situation is like for orders at the end of October. Ordered a iPhone 5s Gold 32gb on 28 October. Estimated dispatch of 2-3 weeks and a estimated delivery of 20-26 November. Still on the processing items stage even now 17 days after the order took place. I'm bored of waiting now!!
jauui12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2013, 07:03 AM   #8304
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jauui12 View Post
Just thought i'd let other people know what the situation is like for orders at the end of October. Ordered a iPhone 5s Gold 32gb on 28 October. Estimated dispatch of 2-3 weeks and a estimated delivery of 20-26 November. Still on the processing items stage even now 17 days after the order took place. I'm bored of waiting now!!
Post back here when it changes to Preparing to Dispatch.

My 64GB Space Grey ordered 31 October from the UK online AppleStore is still processing as well.

I have been evaluating the one I bought in Cribbs Causeway on Tuesday. I was planning to keep the online order and then comapre the two iPhones and keep the better one, but to do that I need the online order to arrive before my return deadline for the shop-bought one (26 Nov). For that to happen the online one needs to ship before next Tuesday...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 02:39 PM   #8305
ayzee
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khedron View Post
I want to get a gold 5s just because I think the gold ring for the finger sensor looks great. The rest of the gold will be covered by a case.
Yes the gold ring does look great though i agree
Old Nov 16, 2013, 02:18 AM   #8306
jauui12
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smr View Post
Post back here when it changes to Preparing to Dispatch.

My 64GB Space Grey ordered 31 October from the UK online AppleStore is still processing as well.

I have been evaluating the one I bought in Cribbs Causeway on Tuesday. I was planning to keep the online order and then comapre the two iPhones and keep the better one, but to do that I need the online order to arrive before my return deadline for the shop-bought one (26 Nov). For that to happen the online one needs to ship before next Tuesday...

It's finally changed to preparing for dispatch today!! Hoping it will dispatch Monday and I'll have the device sometime next week. Hopefully yours should change over soon to preparing for dispatch because we ordered at similar times. Good luck
Old Nov 16, 2013, 06:03 AM   #8307
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's finally changed to preparing for dispatch today!! Hoping it will dispatch Monday and I'll have the device sometime next week. Hopefully yours should change over soon to preparing for dispatch because we ordered at similar times. Good luck
Good to hear! Which colour/capacity is that?

Have you tried tracking 'by reference' on UPS.com (using your Apple order number starting W)?

And can you print your invoice yet? If so you can get your serial number and then use this website to work out the factory code and build week.

User Helenasia's 5s (ordered on the 27th Oct i.e. the day before yours) changed to preparing for dispatch last Saturday (9th Nov), although it has been stuck in Luxembourg for a few days clearing customs (details in the The I just bought/ordered/got/shipped my new iPhone 5s/5c" thread, [Merged] thread)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 06:44 AM   #8308
jauui12
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Good to hear! Which colour/capacity is that?

Have you tried tracking 'by reference' on UPS.com (using your Apple order number starting W)?

And can you print your invoice yet? If so you can get your serial number and then use this website to work out the factory code and build week.

User Helenasia's 5s (ordered on the 27th Oct i.e. the day before yours) changed to preparing for dispatch last Saturday (9th Nov), although it has been stuck in Luxembourg for a few days clearing customs (details in the The I just bought/ordered/got/shipped my new iPhone 5s/5c" thread, [Merged] thread)
Mine is dispatched now! Currently in China (Zhengzhou). It's supposed to be delivered to my residence by Thursday this week (21/11/2013). It's a 32gb gold version. Has anything changed with your order yet? I imagine so
Old Nov 18, 2013, 07:24 AM   #8309
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Mine is dispatched now! Currently in China (Zhengzhou). It's supposed to be delivered to my residence by Thursday this week (21/11/2013). It's a 32gb gold version. Has anything changed with your order yet? I imagine so
Mine is still processing. As my order was placed three days after yours it might go to preparing to dispatch three days after yours i.e. tomorrow. The 2-3 weeks dispatch window finishes on the 21st Nov so it is currently still within Apple's estimate.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:49 AM   #8310
Hustler1337
macrumors 6502

For all those who have ordered online and are anxiously awaiting dispatch, why not try your local Apple store and see if they have any available to pick up?

I was able to go into the London Stratford City store last Sunday and they had plenty of the iPhone 5S' in stock, with the exception of some capacities (I think it was the 16GB which was out of stock).

As my card got declined on the day I went to buy it, I returned back the next day (Monday) in the evening and surprisingly they still had plenty of stock left inc. the gold 5S. It seems that stock levels are beginning to stabilise a bit, so it's worth giving your local store a ring to check if they have your chosen model in stock to pick up. Just thought I'd save you guys waiting a few weeks to get your hands on the 5S.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 08:13 AM   #8311
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler1337 View Post
For all those who have ordered online and are anxiously awaiting dispatch, why not try your local Apple store and see if they have any available to pick up?

I was able to go into the London Stratford City store last Sunday and they had plenty of the iPhone 5S' in stock, with the exception of some capacities (I think it was the 16GB which was out of stock).

As my card got declined on the day I went to buy it, I returned back the next day (Monday) in the evening and surprisingly they still had plenty of stock left inc. the gold 5S. It seems that stock levels are beginning to stabilise a bit, so it's worth giving your local store a ring to check if they have your chosen model in stock to pick up. Just thought I'd save you guys waiting a few weeks to get your hands on the 5S.
Having had problems with the gyro and flickering screens before, I placed the online order in the hope of getting one with a very recent build week (on the basis that manufacturing issues are more likely to have been sorted out compared with earlier build weeks).

Anyway I got fed up waiting so I bought a 5s in Cribbs Causeway last week. This one is pretty good even though it was built at the beginning of September!

I was still trying to decide if it was worth keeping the online order so I could compare my Cribbs one with a (hopefully) more recent build, but my online order changed to Preparing for Dispatch so I can't cancel it now anyway!

I still have a week to return the Cribbs one - hopefully my online one will have arrived by then.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 09:41 AM   #8312
Hustler1337
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Having had problems with the gyro and flickering screens before, I placed the online order in the hope of getting one with a very recent build week (on the basis that manufacturing issues are more likely to have been sorted out compared with earlier build weeks).

Anyway I got fed up waiting so I bought a 5s in Cribbs Causeway last week. This one is pretty good even though it was built at the beginning of September!

I was still trying to decide if it was worth keeping the online order so I could compare my Cribbs one with a (hopefully) more recent build, but my online order changed to Preparing for Dispatch so I can't cancel it now anyway!

I still have a week to return the Cribbs one - hopefully my online one will have arrived by then.
Let us know how it goes The 5S i picked up last week was pretty recent - a week 42 (October) production week ( F2 (China, Zhengzhou - Foxconn)), so it's quite fresh off the the factory.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 02:59 AM   #8313
jauui12
macrumors newbie

Out for delivery

My iPhone is out for delivery today finally after ordering it on the 28th October. It started in China, then went to Korea, then to Poland, then to Germany and then arrived in the UK in the early hours of this morning all within 4 days. Props to UPS. Sitting here waiting for it to be delivered now! Hope UPS decide to come here as early as possible haha. Can't wait!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 05:31 AM   #8314
smr
macrumors 6502

My 5s finally Dispatched yesterday morning. Tracking so far:

ZhengZhou, China 21/11/2013 16:28 Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 20/11/2013 20:00 Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 20/11/2013 17:10 Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 20/11/2013 15:16 Origin Scan
ZhengZhou, China 20/11/2013 02:29 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It was built in factory F2 in week 43 i.e. 4 weeks ago! Why on earth do Apple/Foxconn have stock sitting about for so long?! Why have I had to wait three weeks for a phone built four weeks ago?

Anyway it is due to arrive Tuesday (which is the return deadline for my shop bought 5s). I'm hoping it arrives Monday so that I have a bit longer to check if the new online one has any issues.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 01:15 PM   #8315
smr
macrumors 6502

My 5s arrived in Incheon, Korea yesterday and then a few hours ago it departed on UPS11 (after a delay of several hours). It is just about to land in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5sNov22.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	448571  
Old Nov 24, 2013, 09:56 AM   #8316
scottish
macrumors 6502

Pretty quiet in here now!
scottish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:06 AM   #8317
jr866gooner
macrumors 6502

Most prob have it now lol
jr866gooner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:13 AM   #8318
scottish
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr866gooner View Post
Most prob have it now lol
Yup no doubt. Anyone still waiting?
scottish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:09 PM   #8319
LV426
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler1337 View Post
Yes, the scalping scallywags appear to have tired of their tedious games, and genuine shoppers now have an opportunity to buy in store.
LV426 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2013, 03:18 AM   #8320
smr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish View Post
Yup no doubt. Anyone still waiting?
Yes, I'm still here, but I think it is just me now

Anyway, my 5s (this will be the fourth one) showed an 'in Transit' scan in Cologne in the early hours of Saturday, then showed EXCEPTION for the rest of the weekend.

This morning it has changed back to In Transit: On Time and showed a Cologne warehouse scan at 1:51am today. So I clearly won't get it today, but I'm still hopeful it will arrive tomorrow (the scheduled delivery day according to UPS).
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:09 PM   #8321
Shakil
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolf2012 View Post
Hi guys mined was out for delivery this morning but now it's changed, in the picture the. 6:59 was out for delivery but now says it's a scan :/
When did it arrive to your house?
Shakil is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone5s