Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Best Twitter clients for Mac?

• Tweetbot

Votes: 44 58.7%
  • Twitteriffic

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Tweetings

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twitter official App

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • TweetDeck

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.Please post name

Votes: 5 6.7%

• Total voters

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Plenty of people don't like having to install something extra just to use a Twitter app, that's all.

manubibi

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2013
Plenty of people don't like having to install something extra just to use a Twitter app, that's all.

oh, okay :D well, I think it's worth it but yeah, the best native alternative's Hibari then (still talking about Snow Leopard running on 32-bit, otherwise I wouldn't have any trouble finding a twitter client).

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone want to help me get notifications to work on the official app?

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get notifications to work! I have Growl installed and the settings configured but they don't work. I made sure the settings in the Notification Center were turned off for Twitter but I get nothing. I then turned off notifications for Twitter in Growl and turned them on in the NC but still nothing shows up.

All this with Tweetbot installed so I know when the notifications are coming in. I just can't stand it because it's much slower to navigate than the official app and I don't use all the added features.

The funny thing is at some stage notifications worked for the official app but then I started using Tweetbot. Now that I'm back to the official app I've noticed they don't work and I don't know why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.