Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Gugulino
macrumors member

Hypnos - The sleep-timer for iTunes

Hi everybody,

I am the developer of Hypnos, a small OSX app, which can shut down, restart, sleep etc. your Mac after predetermined period of time or number of tracks. It is the only app on the Mac App Store that can shut down or restart the Mac automatically. I use it to listen to music from iTunes while falling asleep.
Because of app sandboxing the user needs to download two AppleScripts from my website for the shut down and restart functionality. The two AppleScripts have to be put in the ~/Library/Application Scripts/… directory. In the download included is an alias, which points to that specific folder.
What do you think? Is that something that is too much for an average Mac user?
If you like you can try it out by using the promo codes for my app: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...7#post16851497

Thanks!

Last edited by Gugulino; Feb 16, 2013 at 04:35 AM.
Gugulino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 02:50 AM   #2
Gugulino
macrumors member

Hypnos 5.2.3 is out!

A new version of Hypnos is out (5.2.3) and brings bug fixes and several improvements.

It fixes a bug, where Hypnos did not shut down or restart the Mac after the counter reached zero tracks.

Let me know, if Hypnos works again as it should or if you encounter other problems.
Old May 7, 2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Gugulino
macrumors member

Hypnos 5.2.4 available on the Mac App Store

Hypnos 5.2.4 fixes a problem with iCloud and HypnosRemote, the iOS companion to Hypnos.
Old May 7, 2013, 08:55 AM   #4
cgk.emu
Banned

No replies? I think this is pretty darned cool! On the weekends I'll usually fall asleep with my headphones on, sometimes it's kinda freaky to be half asleep wondering who this guy singing into my ear is lol .
cgk.emu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Gugulino
macrumors member

Yeah, I had the same problem with my iPhone listening to music, at the time when the timer of iOS was not able to stop the music playback.
Did you know that I made an iOS app that can control Hypnos on the Mac? You can setup Hypnos on the Mac and start it then from everywhere (for example from your bed) over iCloud with HypnosRemote. The app is available on the App Store for free. Pretty cool, huh? :-)

Last edited by Gugulino; May 7, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 07:50 AM   #6
VKondakoff
macrumors newbie

Is Hypnos still in development? There are some incompatibilities with Yosemite and iOS8. Can we expect an updated Hypnos(Remote) builds in near future?

Thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Gugulino
macrumors member

Thanks for your message! Yes, as soon as Mac OS X Yosemite was released officially by Apple, GuguSoft will release a compatibility update to both apps.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store