Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beattie Pearson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Love the new Mac I got for my birthday/christmas combined!

Time has come to ditch the supplied batteries in the Magic Mouse and start recharging! Left it on the dock overnight and it is still flashing green indicating 'still charging' When I checked the status of the mouse in system preferences, the battery life was still reading 12%. Am I missing something here?

Beattie

WesCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Love the new Mac I got for my birthday/christmas combined!

Time has come to ditch the supplied batteries in the Magic Mouse and start recharging! Left it on the dock overnight and it is still flashing green indicating 'still charging' When I checked the status of the mouse in system preferences, the battery life was still reading 12%. Am I missing something here?

Beattie

Are you talking about rechargeable batteries? I don't think the Magic Mouse itself can be "recharged". If so, what brand of batteries and charger are you using?

TrboMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
NC/USA

TrboMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
NC/USA
Wow...didn't even know that thing existed. Pretty cool concept, though.

Yeah, cool concept, will see how it actually works if I get one. I'll still need batts for the keyboard, so rechargeable's may be the way to go. I do notice the mouse drains quicker so it may be viable..

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
I'd steer clear of it (sorry OP for going off topic). The reviews on the Apple Store seem to state that it's a good concept on paper but the implementation is sorely lacking. I'd recommend buying the Apple charger that comes with 6 batteries. They're believed to be rebranded Sanyo Eneloops, which to my knowledge and in my opinion are the best rechargeable batteries out. I realize there's still the hassle of swapping out the batteries, but they'll last a very long time and you can always keep a set in the charger to swap out.

linds15

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2012
Great White North
i also have the mobee charger, and after it fully charges, my mac says its at 12%. on the flipside, it says its at 100% up until it dies which is when it tell me its at 7%

Beattie Pearson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
many thanks for your replies - it is the dock that I'm talking about. Linds15 also sees a 'charged' life of 12% so I am presuming this is normal and I'll carry on with this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.