Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I'm currently at 25% and have 3h34m of usage and 8h30m of stand by.
This isn't very good, is it?

PS in iOS 6 I used to get a really good battery life, probably 2, 3 times more than what I'm getting now.

webwbr

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
I am so glad you posted this... I am finding the EXACT same things... since the update, my 4s battery drains so fast. I thought it was just me. I'll be sure to follow this thread.

PS in iOS 6 I used to get a really good battery life, probably 2, 3 times more than what I'm getting now.

Petkovst

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Same experience here guys. I have to recharge at least twice a day to go trough till the end.
I am honestly disappointed and this is not a normal situation for me.
Already consider of getting android device.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
upgraded my wife (4s) to 6.0.1 and haven't heard her complain. Her phone dies in a day though cause she leaves bluetooth on. I've tested and re-tested this and when it's off she gets great battery life. When it's on, horrible. Oh well, that's her deal.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I think it must be an app killing the battery life. My last 20% of battery have been lasting for 5, 1/2 h now and I still 4% left. I wonder which one was updated most recently.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
So, I've calibrated the battery yesterday and I got the following results today.

Usage: 3h:32m
Standby: 14h:33m

I still have 23% left and I've always used the phone at maximum brightness. I didn't do anything heavy in terms of usage, just a few calls and some e-mailing/facebooking/browsing, but for periods of 10 mins maximum.

What do you more savvy people make of these values? Are they average or should I try to do a system restore and see what happens? In case these aren't right, which values should I be looking at?
The phone is still under warranty, so I can always go to my local Apple Store and have it checked. It's just that it's Xmas time and both the Regent St and Covent Garden ones will be totally packed and I don't want to go there and waste time.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
My devices are ok but mom's iPad 2's battery life is TERRIBLE!!

I upgraded my moms iPad 2 to iOS 6.0.1 and her battery life is TERRIBLE now. She used to charge it maybe once every week or two. Now she has to charge it every 2-3 days!! I am seriously getting sick of Apple and losing faith in them. Why are some devices fine but others having issues with battery life? This shouldn't be happening. My mom is so upset she ever upgraded and I have no solutions for her except "I'm sorry". :mad:

Seems like every time Apple gives us an update of some kind we have to worry now about it breaking something.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
I upgraded my moms iPad 2 to iOS 6.0.1 and her battery life is TERRIBLE now. She used to charge it maybe once every week or two. Now she has to charge it every 2-3 days!! I am seriously getting sick of Apple and losing faith in them. Why are some devices fine but others having issues with battery life? This shouldn't be happening. My mom is so upset she ever upgraded and I have no solutions for her except "I'm sorry". :mad:

Seems like every time Apple gives us an update of some kind we have to worry now about it breaking something.

It's very odd, isn't it? My iPad 4 battery life actually went up with the 6.01 upgrade. Anyway, I've done another complete discharge/charge today alongside with a system restore. If it doesn't work, I'm taking it to a genius bar.

Roc P.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Long Island
It's very odd, isn't it? My iPad 4 battery life actually went up with the 6.01 upgrade. Anyway, I've done another complete discharge/charge today alongside with a system restore. If it doesn't work, I'm taking it to a genius bar.

Good luck, I hope it works out!

Maziar

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010

Same here. Mine sucks w/6.0.1 too

mike5250

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Ios 6 pushed me to buy a mophie juicepack! Now when my battery is dead in the afternoon I can flip the switch and be good for the night.

RJCP

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
restoring seems to have done the trick...

67% left
usage: 1h37m
standby: 5h51m

DrApps

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012

Do the battery calibration will fix it

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I got a replacement for my original launch day i5 which was get great 7-8 hour battery life on 6.0, which I never updated to 6.01.

I had it for a few days, and ended up updating it to 6.01. I was getting terrible battery life.

I had to get it replaced again for other reasons, and I left it at 6.0. Getting amazing battery life again.

All 3 were DNP serial #'s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.