Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
I have 41 MB left but I'm a little confused on something. Can I run it down to 0MB left or will it automatically add more data if I hit 25MB (or 0MB)?

9ynujese.jpg

Thanks

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
I have 41 MB left but I'm a little confused on something. Can I run it down to 0MB left or will it automatically add more data if I hit 25MB (or 0MB)?

Thanks

It will give you the option to add more data for the month. Otherwise it won't let you use LTE.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
How fast do you go through that 250MB? I just curious because I'm trying to justify myself on why I should add $15 more to my phone bill.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
How fast do you go through that 250MB? I just curious because I'm trying to justify myself on why I should add $15 more to my phone bill.

I've got the 1GB plan, but I just got LTE in this area so I've been tethering and running way too many speed tests.

On my iPhone that has 3G, however, I have the 200 MB plan and it lasts me fine. Sure more data would be nicer, I guess, but I fit right with this 200 MB so long as I don't watch videos or download apps over 3G - which I'm perfectly fine with.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
You WILL get charged for your next month's allocation when you go below 25MB, unless you suspend your service (giving you up to 5 months to restart it).

Argh ... really? That's lame. So it's, like, not even a 1024 MB plan, it's 999 MB.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Yup - basically when you go below 25MB they will add another month of service...

No, they won't. This happened to me once, and I got an email saying I was out of data. I then had the option to buy another month of data immediately or just wait until the next month's plan snapped in. I waited, and I was charged for the next month's data at the usual date, and in the meanwhile, I had no data.

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
No, they won't. This happened to me once, and I got an email saying I was out of data. I then had the option to buy another month of data immediately or just wait until the next month's plan snapped in. I waited, and I was charged for the next month's data at the usual date, and in the meanwhile, I had no data.

You must be right if you've experienced that - I guess I was misinformed by a Verizon CSR.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009

I'll hope you're right and try that :) Thanks

You must be right if you've experienced that - I guess I was misinformed by a Verizon CSR.

No worries, that's the exact reason I came here. Just can't trust CSR :cool:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Just putting this out for those curious. It won't auto renew but it will ask you. You can also use LTE until the last MB.
LTE will disable when your plan finishes though.

When you run out, it'll let you know.
e8amu5u4.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.