Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Aug 6, 2013, 08:35 PM   #1
eNcrypTioN
macrumors 6502

ETA on next iPhone?

Sprint is pissing me off and my new corp discount is offering me 15% at AT&T. I'm for sure done with Sprint and my 4S is on its last legs... What date/dates are the rumors pointing at for the next iPhone to launch?
eNcrypTioN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 08:54 PM   #2
Mr_Brightside_@
macrumors 65816

The fall, give or take a few days.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 09:58 PM   #3
nilzi
Banned

Althoug many rumors surrounding the nex-gen iPhone, budget iPhone and followup iPad, still no people can confirm these devices' offcial release date. I believe Macrumor or some other scientific website will get authentic releasing date the firs time.
nilzi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:44 PM   #4
dextr3k
macrumors 6502

I find it good to check the buyers guide for dates and approximate release schedules.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPhone

iPhone - - - -
Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon
Last Release: September 21, 2012
Days Since Update: 320 (Avg = 338)
dextr3k is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:00 AM   #5
ghanwani
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextr3k View Post
I find it good to check the buyers guide for dates and approximate release schedules.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#iPhone

iPhone - - - -
Recommendation: Don't Buy - Updates soon
Last Release: September 21, 2012
Days Since Update: 320 (Avg = 338)
It says "updates soon" for the iPod Classic as well.

Those recommendations just go by the average time to get updated in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean Apple will deliver.
iPhone 5s, 16GB, Gold, Dec-2013
ghanwani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:02 AM   #6
darster
macrumors 68000

This year, give or take a few years.
darster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:13 AM   #7
dextr3k
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanwani View Post

Those recommendations just go by the average time to get updated in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean Apple will deliver.
I am looking forward to a new ipod classic .

I mean its good to look at it for a general idea of when to expect the new iPhone, but yes, hardly accurate.
dextr3k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 08:54 AM   #8
randy98mtu
macrumors 65816

My money is now on the first 2 weeks of September. I'm sure a date will leak in the next week or 2 and be announced by the end of the month.

I know it's silly, but I'm starting to get excited. Even though they have not blown people away much recently, I still get excited to see what they are doing. Then I get let down like everyone else. lol But I'll likely get a new on again this year since I have an open contract on my account.
randy98mtu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 08:58 AM   #9
SJism23
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy98mtu View Post
My money is now on the first 2 weeks of September. I'm sure a date will leak in the next week or 2 and be announced by the end of the month.

I know it's silly, but I'm starting to get excited. Even though they have not blown people away much recently, I still get excited to see what they are doing. Then I get let down like everyone else. lol But I'll likely get a new on again this year since I have an open contract on my account.
I get excited too, but I won't get let down since the 5S will be my first iPhone. Now all I have to worry about is preordering the iPhone before shipping times get pushed back to 34 weeks.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 09:07 AM   #10
daijholt
macrumors 6502

I reckon the launch event will happen in the first week of September. I'm basing this on one main item: the UK 4g rollout. O2 announced they'll launch 4g on August 29th, then 3 days later Vodafone rock up and do exactly the same thing. It was rumoured they had delayed launching until closer to the iphone release date, so I'm just trying to paint a bigger picture!

Last edited by daijholt; Aug 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
daijholt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 09:09 AM   #11
randy98mtu
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by daijholt View Post
I reckon the launch event will happen in the first week of September. I'm basing this on on main item: the UK 4g rollout. O2 announced they'll launch 4g on August 29th, then 3 days later Vodafone rock up and do exactly the same thing. It was rumoured they had delayed launching until closer to the iphone release date, so I'm just trying to paint a bigger picture!
That's a good indicator actually. Last year AT&T powered up LTE towers in a ton of cities the week before the iPhone launch. They may have done it days after the announcement though, but I know many people (me included) wishing my area had LTE after the announcement only to get it days before the phone arrived!
randy98mtu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 01:44 PM   #12
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:

Yes... you basically just regurgitated the same information. It's a well educated guess based on previous data. But a new iPhone is coming, unless Apple wants to lose out on a ton of potential revenue. Sure, Apple might not deliver, but they'd be stupid not to.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 02:09 PM   #13
hakuna-matata
macrumors 6502

hakuna-matata is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 02:47 PM   #14
12vElectronics
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextr3k View Post
I am looking forward to a new ipod classic .

I mean its good to look at it for a general idea of when to expect the new iPhone, but yes, hardly accurate.
We're having a discussion about the iPod Classic in the 'iPod' subforum right now! Hoping for an update on it too

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone