Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Sep 19, 2014, 06:12 PM   #3951
alexflowmusic
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvusr View Post
Which method did you use? MLPostFactor or SFOTT+Kexts?

MLPostFactor ˇˇ I also tried Sfott With mavericks but I wanst able to set up the kexts
alexflowmusic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:07 PM   #3952
erak
macrumors newbie

@alexflowmusic
Mavericks handle graphics a little differently, so it's not possible to just replace kexts like in ML. And even though hackerwayne wrote here that X1600 was fixed for Mavericks, none has been released AFAIK.

SFOTT is less a "method" and more just an automated way to create a bootable install disk, by replacing boot.efi and bypassing the HW checks. So it shouldn't really be compared to MLPF. The "method" that makes the computer run is Tiamo's boot.efi and replaced kexts (graphics+audio).

Last edited by erak; Sep 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
erak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2014, 05:07 AM   #3953
alexflowmusic
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erak View Post
@alexflowmusic
Mavericks handle graphics a little differently, so it's not possible to just replace kexts like in ML. And even though hackerwayne wrote here that X1600 was fixed for Mavericks, none has been released AFAIK.

SFOTT is less a "method" and more just an automated way to create a bootable install disk, by replacing boot.efi and bypassing the HW checks. So it shouldn't really be compared to MLPF. The "method" that makes the computer run is Tiamo's boot.efi and replaced kexts (graphics+audio).

Yep I tried a Lil bit With both metods to see if I was able to reach something, ML is enough for me in that Macbook pro so Im stayingˇˇ thanks again 4 all the info you post hereˇˇ
alexflowmusic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 01:10 PM   #3954
LPjosch
macrumors newbie

To anyone else getting the iMessage and facetime contact customer service with this customer code message when trying to log in to IMessage or Facetime just call apple. They said it's a security measure on apples end. Didn't have to do anything other then tell them the number and boom problem solved
LPjosch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 09:02 PM   #3955
Buddygor
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Buddygor
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPjosch View Post
To anyone else getting the iMessage and facetime contact customer service with this customer code message when trying to log in to IMessage or Facetime just call apple. They said it's a security measure on apples end. Didn't have to do anything other then tell them the number and boom problem solved
Yes! This also worked for me, and unlocked everything, including all the iCloud stuff that wouldn't work before (synced iCloud Safari pages, history, passwords, etc).
Buddygor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion