Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maserati7200

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
The first time I noticed this was a couple of weeks ago. I highly value my play counts and take them seriously. I never reset them. I first noticed it on song that was supposed to be on my top played not being there. The last I remembered it had 650 or so plays (I play songs on repeat for long periods of time). I searched for it in the rest of my library, and noticed the play count was zero. I first thought it was a fluke and didn't think much of it. Then i noticed it on other songs that I know I've played many times on this computer. Then I got really annoyed. I think ordered the songs by play count to see how many were effected. The even more annoying thing it shows the last played but play count is gone. I've attached a screen shot to show what I'm talking about. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I'm really annoyed because I don't remember the play counts of the affected songs, but it's information I still want to have on record. I want to prevent this from happening to any more songs... anyone have any insight? Perhaps know how to restore playcount information? Unfortunately I haven't backed up in a while. I'd also like to point out even songs without a last played present - I know for a fact I've played them on this computer multiple times.
Screenshot2013-01-02at54225PM_zps17228d69.png

TH-Gunner

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2008
I have this problem, too! The new itunes is full of all sorts of garbage, it seems. I get another bug, too, where I click on one song, and it plays another. I'm terribly dissatisfied with the roll-out of itunes 11.

To fix this, I'm just going to have to go into my backups and find out what the missing play counts were. If you search online, there is a certain script that you can use to set the play count value to whatever you like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.