Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
the only thing that has kept me from purchasing a mouse is that most are not bluetooth. I would like an alternative bluetooth mouse so i don't have to use another usb port.

Also, I like the magic mouse finger gestures... something no other mouse is going to have.

Sorry for going off topic but I also prefer a bluetooth solution. Using a nano-receiver is a deal breaker for me because I only have 2 USB ports (although when I did use the Performance MX it did a fine job).

I have the Magic Mouse but I'm seriously thinking of selling it because it's ergonomically terrible for my hand and OS X gets jittery if you're used to resting 2 fingers on the mouse surface (it detects two finger swipes inadvertently all the time for me). Furthermore it doesn't work well with games that require a scroll wheel.

That said I've been test driving a Logitech M555b for the past week and I've been really enjoying it. It's compatible with the LCC software and has been very precise for me both in terms of tracking and scrolling. It's on the small side but it is also taller and rounded at the edges so unlike the Magic Mouse it sits well in my hand (not sure if that makes sense). The downside of this mouse is primarily the lack of additional buttons (having no back button being the biggest negative).

In any case I see this as a great bluetooth alternative for using a Logitech style mouse for your Mac. I also got a cheap refurb unit on eBay here, it's been working out great so far.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.