Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonnyfive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
British Columbia
I need some application expertise!

I have a vision of something that I want to create, but I am not sure what tool I can use to actually make this.

Basically I want to create a layout like the one below, with a snipit of the content and it link to the full content when clicked.
WMqznsE.png

The content I will arrange in the link will not be links in the web (like the example above shows) it will be created by myself.

Requirements:
  • I want it to be a self contained file that anyone can easily view or ideally print off if they would like. (Example: The first page could act like a table of contents but in the form of the screenshot above, each article listed could link to a page within the document).
  • The ability to share with specific and targeted people (not out on the web for the whole world to see).

Is there an application that I can do this in?
I would love to use iWork and export as a .pdf for this but I don't believe it will allow me to create links within the document aside from a traditional table of contents.

Last edited:

Jonnyfive

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
British Columbia
I think you can do this in Pages. When you add a hyperlink, there should be a drop down menu that lets you make it a bookmark. That should export fine to a PDF too.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I had a look through the hyperlink options and linking within the document isn't possible there.

onekerato

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2011
How about using PowerPoint or Keynote? Can link from one cover-page slide to others? Grid layout is also easy.

Jose

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.