Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MGTR420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I just bought a new mac from amazon and a new Apple TV, and I can find the option under display for "Airplay Mirroring". I have updated both the computer and Apple TV to the latest firmware and software. I have also turned off the firewall. I have made sure its connected to the same network also. Is there something else I am missing for this to work? Both my iPad and iPhone work seamlessly. So frustrated...:(

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
U must be running Mountain Lion. When this works, u should have an Airplay Icon on the Menu bar, looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing at it.

MGTR420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
U must be running Mountain Lion. When this works, u should have an Airplay Icon on the Menu bar, looks like a rectangle with an arrow pointing at it.

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

When I go to about "this mac" and more info, thats what it says I am running...:(

EDIT: I also have a Linksys E2500 router.

Last edited:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

When I go to about "this mac" and more info, thats what it says I am running...:(

EDIT: I also have a Linksys E2500 router.

If u bought your Air after a certain date, ML upgrade is free. If not, it's only like $20.

OK then leaving u to the task.

Mr.MacBook Air

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Os X Mountain Lion v10.8.2(4+)

I just bought a new mac from amazon and a new Apple TV, and I can find the option under display for "Airplay Mirroring". I have updated both the computer and Apple TV to the latest firmware and software. I have also turned off the firewall. I have made sure its connected to the same network also. Is there something else I am missing for this to work? Both my iPad and iPhone work seamlessly. So frustrated...:(

Hi There. I am new this forum and this is my first posting. So anything wrong just forgive me.

Now the Os X Mountain Lion issue and Airplay. This two thing will not work together period. My MacBook air 11" 4 months old it was working fine and last week for some how I just buy the update (Os X Mountain Lion v10.8.2(4+)) through the iTunes $20.00 and that I buy the headache. Now my airplay does not work and my Epsone printer not working. Now I am departed to remove that update from my system. If anyone could help me how to remove that update from my system I will really appropriated.
To you if you try to use this notebook with appleTv with airplay forget it. You will see only connecting icon on toolber. From there if you try to connect you can for 5 to 10 mins then you will be disconnected. No matter how many times you try you cannot connect again. Thats happening with me. Because of Os X Mountain Lion v10.8.2(4+). I think this software is not ready for the market yet. apple is greedy they just released it for the money. Thats it.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Unless you have a back up of your ole OS, I can't think how to undo.

Am running 10.8.2 (12C54) and am good with Airplay Mirroring.

Hopefully, if indeed the latest update has a problem, be fixed quickly.

In the future, consider updating ONLY if you need to, AND then have a full back up in case you find yourself the need to UNDO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.