Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
Anyone have an email address for UK Complaints dept. can't really call them up at the moment but need to complain about a genius appointment

Thanks

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
You need to send an email to the specific store's managerial department. Its the email address listed on the employee name-tags that they occasionally hand out. I'm sure you can call the store and get it from them.

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I feel victimised so don't really want to call the store. I think I light just call the standard help line and ask for someone to listen to my complain. I am so upset I don't think I can talk about my experience. Would rather email.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
They say that you should never email, or act hastily when you are upset.

Lots of human take things personally (yeah, am like Mr. Spock). There is usually a bureaucratic annoyance, that once understood would better forge ahead to solve ur problem.

I feel for those of you who rely solely on Apple's support. All you get is the "company line" but fortunately there are lots of forums like this, you get a different perspectives on the problem.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
good luck. i was just referred to store when i had an issue a while back

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I don't want to deal with that particular store anymore so I will try their support line in the morning. It's not a case that I need support. I just need results.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
I feel victimised so don't really want to call the store. I think I light just call the standard help line and ask for someone to listen to my complain. I am so upset I don't think I can talk about my experience. Would rather email.

Why would you leave the store if you felt victimized? Did they steal something from you?

SL4VE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
It was actually harmless just spoken to customer relations manager and he's sorted everything. Even gave me all contact details for future and willing to do anything to hell so really changed things around. All is well now just need to get to an apple store and get a replacement ASAP

I don't want to flame or troll. But I had a problem with a apple staff member who was rude and aggressive when tried to get my iPhone fixed. He didn't want to fix or replace it. Thing is soon as I mentioned the store on the phone they said they have had numerous complaints about the store to week. Hmm

welsh198418

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Complaints

I to have had real issues making a complaint to apple, long storey cut short, New Iphone 4s in November 2011, 3 replacements by September 2012, and the my latest one breaks 21 days out of warranty.

The store wanted £139 for replacement, which i refused as i was not happy with the fact that 4 phones in the space of 14 months was right.

I complained to the sales assistant with no luck, i complained to the store manager with no luck, all they could say was speak to apple care.

I rang Apple care who logged my call and then confirmed that my latest fault was indeed hardware, and offered to replace it for £146, £7 more than in store :-/ Again i refused and was put through to a senior advisor in America. All she wanted to do was send me a new one at a cost of £146, again i refused then asked to be pt through to a complaints department in the UK. Apparently such department does not exist, so i asked for Apple HQ in the UK and the best they could come up with was Cork in Ireland. However they could not give me a phone number, or email contact there.

At this point i was getting very peeved off with it so i got on Google and looked around and found a customer relations number in the UK, so i rang them only to be told that they only deal with Online Apple care issues, and not store returns, the lady i spoke to tried to transfer me to that department, but they refused to take my call and instead fill in a feedback form on their website. Which i did.

I then decided that i would write a letter to Ireland to try my look as well as attempting an email address i found on another forum, tcookATapple . com. Obviously not thinking it would work, that was yesterday afternoon.

To my surprise this afternoon my phone rang, and it was a very nice lady from Apple International in Cork Ireland. She said she had received my email, and that she had read my notes from my previous replacements, and from my calls to various departments and she was concerned that i was not looked after right. She agreed without any hesitation that my phone was indeed faulty after reading the genius bar notes, and that i was entitled to a free replacement after the bother i have had since day one.She arranged that, and has arranged me an apple at my local store, even though the system said there wasn't any. She also provided me her direct contact details should i have any issues in the future including outsider the 90 day replacement warranty.

In short, yes Apple are quite arrogant in the fact that they do not have a direct complaints department, and the fact they make it as difficult as possible to find a direct contact to them.

BUT if you do get to the right person, they will do what they can to help you out. I was fuming at Apple when i left the store on Monday, but after my call today and the following email correspondance my opinion has improved, all be it slightly of Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.