Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Has anyone else noticed that their battery drains significantly when it's not connected to the charger but its not being used either? I've noticed that when I unplug my iPhone then go to sleep my battery will sometimes go from 100 to 70. Anyone else have this problem?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Has anyone else noticed that their battery drains significantly when it's not connected to the charger but its not being used either? I've noticed that when I unplug my iPhone then go to sleep my battery will sometimes go from 100 to 70. Anyone else have this problem?

I did for a while at first. It was from a back up of my 4s. My battery would lose at least 10-15 percent each night. Finally restored as a new phone and never had the problem anymore.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I did for a while at first. It was from a back up of my 4s. My battery would lose at least 10-15 percent each night. Finally restored as a new phone and never had the problem anymore.

I did that a couple weeks ago. Restored my iPhone 5 to a new phone, thinking that it would resolve a bug I recently had. I've turned most of iCloud off, just left the contacts and find my iPhone on, put auto-lock to 1 minute. Bluetooth, and Personal Hotspot are off. And the brightness is not even close to 50%. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
How strong is your LTE or 3G signal at home. If it is weak, it can drain the battery. I always leave wifi on because LTE signal is pretty weak at home.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
How strong is your LTE or 3G signal at home. If it is weak, it can drain the battery. I always leave wifi on because LTE signal is pretty weak at home.

I get all 5 bars and my 3G/LTE are pretty good. I do notice that my phone constantly switches from wifi to LTE when it's locked, and I'm not sure why it does that. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me lol. Maybe that's the problem?

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I get all 5 bars and my 3G/LTE are pretty good. I do notice that my phone constantly switches from wifi to LTE when it's locked, and I'm not sure why it does that. If anyone knows how to fix this please tell me lol. Maybe that's the problem?

You know I haven't tested that really since I moved into my new place with my two other friends. I've noticed that the connection isn't that great and the internet will randomly drop out (but show connected on all my devices/computers) throughout the day. One of the reasons I don't leave wifi on all the time in my house. My LTE is much better and more reliable anyway. But I've either always had my phone plugged in at night or didn't pay attention at all to the battery stats. I'll check it out soon.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
My iphone 5 went from 99% to 96% last night with about 45 minutes of usage before I went to bed. Definitely make a genius appointment and get a replacement.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I did that a couple weeks ago. Restored my iPhone 5 to a new phone, thinking that it would resolve a bug I recently had. I've turned most of iCloud off, just left the contacts and find my iPhone on, put auto-lock to 1 minute. Bluetooth, and Personal Hotspot are off. And the brightness is not even close to 50%. I'm not sure what the problem could be.

No, you should have great battery life even with those things turned on. You need to get a replacement. I leave BT, GPS/location, iCloud on and brightness way up and the battery kicks ass.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
No, you should have great battery life even with those things turned on. You need to get a replacement. I leave BT, GPS/location, iCloud on and brightness way up and the battery kicks ass.

My iphone 5 went from 99% to 96% last night with about 45 minutes of usage before I went to bed. Definitely make a genius appointment and get a replacement.

You know what's funny? This didn't start happening until I updated to iOS 6.0.2. So I'm guessing that has something to do with the latest update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.