Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MissVader92

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
I was chatting with an online sales rep from Apple yesterday regarding many problems I've been having (long story...) and in that convo I asked when they anticipated the 21inch iMac to be released, because I may try that out instead of faulty MBP after faulty MBP. He said:

Who knows if there is any truth to that, but I'll definitely be on the lookout!

If that is true at what time do you think they would release it? You know that would be a good day since Monday is Cyber Monday. Well I'll be checking in either way so here's to keeping my fingers crossed.

Occamsrazr

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2012
Mac is not just about specs, it's the elegance of the OS and beauty of design.

I agree 100%.... but at a certain point you just have to let go :-(

You really lost the patience to wait 5 more days?

Really?

People have been saying those exact words since April. I know, because I've been saying it too... I've been waiting since March, when my 2008 iMac died (thanks to the graphics card overheating issue)

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
People have been saying those exact words since April. I know, because I've been saying it too... I've been waiting since March, when my 2008 iMac died (thanks to the graphics card overheating issue)

Exact words? Give me a quote from the past that says its coming out in 5 days? Reality check: No one knew in April, May, June, July, August, or September. Now we know since October's keynote.

Apple officially announces the product during a massive press keynote and a release time frame is given, but I guess that's still not enough for some folks. Baffling.

MoreAwesomeDanU

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2010
I went ahead and ordered a $1000 PC last night...

2GB Nvidia 660ti
i3 processor
Motherboard with two thunderbolt ports
8GB ram
256GB SSD
Windows 8 Pro

Can't believe I am buying a PC... its been more than 14 years since I bought one. Oh well.
and boy did you overpay for a PC...

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ

2GB Nvidia 660ti
i3 processor
8GB ram
256GB SSD
Windows 8 Pro

I'm sooo confused... that might very well be the most schizophrenic PC I've ever seen. Upper mid-range graphics, thunderbolt, SSD.. and i3? Win8?

I'm also curious why you chose to pull the trigger NOW.. rather than wait for the announced release window to close before concluding it wasn't coming. We're not trading in rumors anymore, we have official announcement from Apple that haven't varied since their initial statement. (Oh, and we have baseless speculation that is the opposite of the official announcement, but that's nothing new around here.)

BeejayUK

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
Surrey Hills
Just been in PC World in Guildford Surrey UK and two of the Apple sales team said they had just been told that they would get the smaller iMacs in December and the 27" Just before the New Year.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
UK
Just been in PC World in Guildford Surrey UK and two of the Apple sales team said they had just been told that they would get the smaller iMacs in December and the 27" Just before the New Year.

Maybe I reckon apple will only sell it at their stores and not send it to pc world and other places

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

2GB Nvidia 660ti
i3 processor
8GB ram
256GB SSD
Windows 8 Pro

Can't believe I am buying a PC... its been more than 14 years since I bought one. Oh well.

That was $1000?

Occamsrazr

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2012
Yea... My priorities were:

1) Don't build the system myself
2) Less than $1000
3) Good performance

Get the i3 now since it doesn't really affect gaming performance. I can always upgrade to an i7 for cheap in a few years. Splurged on the motherboard since I really don't want to have to swap that by hand ever.

I really wish the iMac were released. Why didn't I keep waiting? I don't know... I feel like we've been through a lot together, forty2j, i think you've been waiting as long as me. I just got tired of waiting "just a few more days."

I hope it really does get released in a few days this time. But I was waiting on the 27" anyway, so it didn't matter for me.

PacSunMama

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
So I guess my guy was wrong too ;)

Thank goodness for their holiday return policy- hopefully it's released before that's up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.