Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I just recently purchased the iPad mini and I was wondering for those who have the mini and any of the other iPad models did you set up the iPad mini to be restored with the iPad backup or did you set up as new with its unique setting?

Thanks

RieRie

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
It depends on if you have the same space on your mini and how many apps/books/movies or music you want to put on your mini from your other iPad. I found it easier to set up as new and manage what I put on mine. Sometimes the restore takes a while. I hope that helps.

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
I had an ipad 2 and bought a mini for my kid - we did the icloud back and restore from the 2 to the mini and it worked fine.

R

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I set up my ipad mini from new. I have an iPad first generation but it is jail broke so I didn't want anything strange going on the mini from the jailbreak. I set my 4s up from my 4 restore and I had problems with so I redid it from new and it works fine.

bluechipBMW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
I ended up setting it from my iPad 2 backup but now I'm thinking I'm going to go back and set it up as new since I will probably put more kids games on it and I don't want to put them on the mini and have to constantly delete them.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.