Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Has anyone had to return a faulty ipad in the UK during the 2nd year of the 2 year warranty they offer on iPads.

Just wondering do they send them away or just replace them with a new one.

My front camera is no longer working on my iPad 3

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Has anyone had to return a faulty ipad in the UK during the 2nd year of the 2 year warranty they offer on iPads.

I think they'll just replace it. I've had ipods replaced before and I can't think that an ipad would be any different.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I think they'll just replace it. I've had ipods replaced before and I can't think that an ipad would be any different.

That's what I was thinking its under warranty to March next year was gonna leave it until the 5 comes out :D can't see them replacing it with a 3 now

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I doubt they'd have 3's so it'd either be another 2 if they had them in or a 4 :).

I ain't gonna except a 2 so it's gonna have to be the one in stock surely.

Will probably wait and take it in when the 5 has been out a few weeks.

It's jailbroken so would be gutted if they do actually repair it and restore it.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Cheers fella

What was the outcome?

My son's iPad is not charging and it defo is the lightening port. Booked in for collection.

Just wondering did you ever send yours for repairs?

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
What was the outcome?

My son's iPad is not charging and it defo is the lightening port. Booked in for collection.

Just wondering did you ever send yours for repairs?
In the end they sent it off and it got replaced by a third party for another iPad 3 and I just gave it to my Mum

Reactions: Sal09
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.