Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
Or could it be that these are not selling because they are now using significantly obsolete hardware? :rolleyes:
exactly. I really fretted about whether to go with a new 15" or an older refurb 17".
I would actually use every inch of that screen (epscially the hires version!) and I would use the PC card slot too.
I even checked and the 17" would fit in my "fifteen inch" messenger/laptop bag. (yes I am that retarded about my messenger bag, I used to BE a messenger, dreadlocks and all.)
But then it came down to quad core vs dual core. i7 vs core2duo ram speed, SATA speed and so on.
I actually advise friends and family to buy last gen Macs all the time. But then the heaviest thing their Macs do is play iTunes while playing a flash game.
I crush computers with video at work, music production in my studio and VMs all the time.
I WANT MORE CORES. :D

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
exactly. I really fretted about whether to go with a new 15" or an older refurb 17".
I would actually use every inch of that screen (epscially the hires version!) and I would use the PC card slot too.
I even checked and the 17" would fit in my "fifteen inch" messenger/laptop bag. (yes I am that retarded about my messenger bag, I used to BE a messenger, dreadlocks and all.)
But then it came down to quad core vs dual core. i7 vs core2duo ram speed, SATA speed and so on.
I actually advise friends and family to buy last gen Macs all the time. But then the heaviest thing their Macs do is play iTunes while playing a flash game.
I crush computers with video at work, music production in my studio and VMs all the time.
I WANT MORE CORES. :D

Get that 17. They def. had i7 quad 17s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.