Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else with the white iPhone 5 has a loose screen in the top right.

I only noticed it tonight when I was on my phone in the dark that light from the screen was shining through a small space were the screen meets the metal by the power button, when I press down on the corner the light goes away signifying my screen is loose.

Will apple swap my phone/repair it?

Thanks

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else with the white iPhone 5 has a loose screen in the top right.

I only noticed it tonight when I was on my phone in the dark that light from the screen was shining through a small space were the screen meets the metal by the power button, when I press down on the corner the light goes away signifying my screen is loose.

Thanks

I think there was another thead/poll started about an issue like this. Your phone should be solid, should not be loose!

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Hi all,

Thanks

100% replaceable under warranty, thats a manufacture defect and you are titled to a replacement 100% guranteed...you have light leakage and that should not be happening... So just book a appointment at a Genuis Bar and put your brightness on 100% and tell them to go into a dark room and they will see the light leakage and give you a replacement on the spot

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.