Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kweevuss

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I have just been finding out that Time Machine isn't the greatest for the server OS. Espically since I have the 2 drives and it only lets me restore to one disk. I also been reading that it doesn't restore the server config settings. Is there anything else out there that anyone uses that allows for:

A restore of 2 disks (both of the ones that are inside the mac mini server)
A restore of the server config files

I realize I could clone the drives, which even then if someone can recommend a program I would be grateful :D

But I also need something to use on a daily basis.

Thanks!

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I use CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) to backup my systems. Every Friday, I do a full (incremental) backup of the drives. I test them at least once a month. (These are all home systems, not work production.)

kweevuss

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
I have a problem that I might be able to get around but I don't see it. It seems like both programs only backup one internal drive at a time. Is there something I can do it make it backup both of my internal drives at the same time?

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I use SuperDuper! I just schedule backups for each of the drives. Sure it only does one at a time, but it will do both serially.

In my case my server has two 500GB drives and my external backup drive is 1TB with two partitions. It does an incremental every night and I swap external drives with an offsite drive every week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.