Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Middleman-77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Happy Holidays folks and a very Merry Christmas to you all!! Hope you all have a wonderful 2013!! :D

Attachments

• gozilla_christmas.jpg
    gozilla_christmas.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 249

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Didn't know it was old news (and I'm not from the US so am not always clued in on what is current and what is not....)

Besides, I am the sort of nerd who just loves to see dinosaurs.....even in Christmas lights. Actually, I love to see Christmas lights in dinosaurs.

Around a quarter of a century ago, I remember the thrill of seeing the skeleton of a (real) Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Natural History Museum in London and standing, awestruck, staring at that mouth with teeth like steak knives.....

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
Didn't know it was old news (and I'm not from the US so am not always clued in on what is current and what is not....)

Besides, I am the sort of nerd who just loves to see dinosaurs.....even in Christmas lights. Actually, I love to see Christmas lights in dinosaurs.

Around a quarter of a century ago, I remember the thrill of seeing the skeleton of a (real) Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Natural History Museum in London and standing, awestruck, staring at that mouth with teeth like steak knives.....
The quote was from the linked article, and this is (was?) in Tokyo. I'd never heard of it until this thread in spite of my country of residence, at which time I googled "godzilla christmas tree" to answer my own questions which paralleled those in post 2 of this thread. My post was for informational purposes only and not reflective of my opinion on the tree, holiday, or Godzilla movies.

I once had a FireWire hub made from a Godzilla toy. It also had lights. I liked it.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The quote was from the linked article, and this is (was?) in Tokyo. I'd never heard of it until this thread in spite of my country of residence, at which time I googled "godzilla christmas tree" to answer my own questions which paralleled those in post 2 of this thread. My post was for informational purposes only and not reflective of my opinion on the tree, holiday, or Godzilla movies.

I once had a FireWire hub made from a Godzilla toy. It also had lights. I liked it.

Nah, don't worry.

Sometimes, on these fora, threads are resurrected, or things are posted which first appeared aeons ago, unbeknown to the rest of us. Never mind, I liked it, whether old or new. and thought it perfectly charming (though, I'd probably draw the line at having it in my living room.....) ;)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's cool. It is funny how just putting Christmas lights on something can make it festive no matter how menacing or creepy it is. :D

Case in point...

5275859140_17bce1a5e7.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.