Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcsolas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Just switched from windows a few weeks back. I have been reading through the keyboard shortcut docs but havent yet figured out how to do a few things with resizing windows. There was a feature where you could resize the window to half the screen size by dragging it to one side. Is there any shortcuts to do this or similar things on a mac?

Pomeroy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Missouri
Download BetterTouchTool and you can do all kinds of tricks with your magic mouse or trackpad. you can drag a window to the edge of the screen and have it pop to half screen like in Windows or with the MagicMouse or MagicTouchPad and BetterTouchTool you can set it up to do it with just a 3 finger swipe left or right and it will pop to the edge. You can even adjust the percentage of screen. I use a 60%-40% with the 60% for my browser on the left and the 40% on the right for just about everything else. BetterTouchTool has the Windows drag built into it, but you can set it up and flip a window without having to drag it to the edges.

mcsolas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2013
Thanks !! bettertouchtool was exactly what I was looking for!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.