Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
I'm ready to pull my hair out on this one. I've tried everything I know of and still, this problem persists...

I have a PSD document with pretty heavy use of Layer Comps. But, the layer comps do not seem to be consistent with where they place items.

For example, lets say you have a vertical line that LAYER COMP A uses, and it needs to be moved to the right 2 px. I move it, hit refresh on the layer comp and all seems well. However, if I cycle through all the layer comps, when i get back to LAYER COMP A, it is no longer in its new position (right 2 px), it is now back to its original position.

To make it worse, it only happens if I cycle through several other layer comps. If I only cycle through two or three others, and then go back to LAYER COMP A, its fine (usually). Aaargh!

Anyone else seen this and know how to fix it? Please, please for the love of all thats good, please help.

PS. Hope I explained it well enough...

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
Click the "Position" checkbox in the new layer comp dialog box.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Click the "Position" checkbox in the new layer comp dialog box.

Thank you for the response. I have made sure that only "visibility" is checked in each comp and the problem remains. I originally had the Position option checked, but because of other issues, i went back through and turned it off. It seems as if there are remnants of the original position that makes it always want to go back to its original location... puzzling

jcitizen

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Same problem

Thank you for the response. I have made sure that only "visibility" is checked in each comp and the problem remains. I originally had the Position option checked, but because of other issues, i went back through and turned it off. It seems as if there are remnants of the original position that makes it always want to go back to its original location... puzzling

I call glitch on this one. Had the same problem and it is really frustrating.

bengriffin

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2008
Had the same problem as well. Selecting 'position' in the layer comps menu fixed it for me, but I had to do it for each layer comp.

Mark Pingitore

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2017
This issue is caused specifically by using "Transform" (Command T) to move any objects from one position to another. You can move by the arrow keys. You can move by clicking and dragging but you CAN NOT use "Transform" to move anything in layer comps for positioning purposes.
[doublepost=1493063413][/doublepost]
Same problem

I call glitch on this one. Had the same problem and it is really frustrating.

This issue is caused specifically by using "Transform" (Command T) to move any objects from one position to another. You can move by the arrow keys. You can move by clicking and dragging but you CAN NOT use "Transform" to move anything in layer comps for positioning purposes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.