Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
The N4 is a great option because you don't have to wait for samsung to release an android update. The downside is that samsung has some really great features.

If you like the size of the NOTE, I'd go with that. Great battery life, lots of features and performance.

Ya - the thing about the Samsungs that make me lean toward the N4 are:

1) price (searching around eBay and CList for a good price isn't fun to me)
2) updates (coming from Apple I'm very used to having all the updates as soon as they release)
3) size (going to a 5.3" phone might a little TOO big a jump for me right off the bat)
4) Samsung is Samsung (I'm still not a fan of many of their "features" though I haven't played with the S-Pen at all)

The N4's price is what attracts me - I found some GS3's on eBay for roughly $300-$400 but then I'd be getting into a bid war over a used phone when I could be buying a brand new phone straight from Google....

The Note 2 was over $500 - out of my price range somewhat.....I suppose I'd have to find a really good deal to go with it - but it would probably be my first choice is price wasn't a factor.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I'm partial to the S3. I had a 'hard enough' time adjusting to the 4.8" screen coming from my iPhone 4's screen. I can't even imagine going to the Note 2 (S3 barely fits in my pocket as is)

You must have a lot in your pocket. I have a Note 2 and I've shoved my wife's S3 and iPhone 4s into the same pocket.

I'd go with the Nexus 4 if where you OP. Raw, not watered down Android.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
You must have a lot in your pocket. I have a Note 2 and I've shoved my wife's S3 and iPhone 4s into the same pocket.

I'd go with the Nexus 4 if where you OP. Raw, not watered down Android.

I feel like I have pretty average sized pockets - wearing normal jeans.

There's no way I could fit all three of those phones in one pocket.....lol!

rans0m00

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
The note 2 is about the limit for my pocket with comfort.... I could shove in 3 of them in my pocket but even with one I can feel it. I wear slim jeans... So not skinny but smaller than regular. Back pocket is where my note 2 is almost anytime I am going to be moving for a while.

TheHateMachine

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2012
Getting the S3 will be the cheapest option. If you get one used in good condition you'll pay less that you would for a new Nexus 4 and you won't have to wait weeks.

It is true he wouldn't have to wait weeks but used S3s tend to sit around 400 bucks (depending on carrier of course)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.