Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fontman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Costa mesa
Filled up my drive with LOG files and ther crap

Installed - used for a awhile - then about an 60min into using the software - my start drive became full . 50 1gig files . DO not use

curmudgeon32

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2012
Seems like a weird timing considering personnal email addresses are getting less and less used for human-to-human communication, and more and more for advertising or various automatic notifications from websites.

Of course I can't speak for everyone but it seems to me that social networks and text messages are where most human-to-human communication is done nowadays. This could have been a good concept 10 years ago.

Sometimes email is the right medium, sometimes not. I have conversations with people across various media (email, texts, Facebook messages, the occasional Twitter DM).

What I'd like is a single app or system or something that can work across multiple streams so that you click on a contact and see everything from that person, regardless of how it was sent.

rdinterman

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Not bad

Downloaded the Beta, while not perfect it is kind of fun. Like the easy reply. I will use for a few days to see. Definitely only for personal e-mail, not suited for work if you live on e-mail.

AWTTech

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
New Orleans
I started using Unibox, and I love it. It is a really sexy mail client, and I am gonna continue using it.

----------

Not really a fan of Airmail. It seemed cluttered to me, but again, this is just me.

achtung!

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2005
Portugal
Am I the only one who just uses the mail.app?

What makes airmail so much better?

for me, managing multiple accounts is much easier, because the UIs are independent. also the overall UI is less cluttered and i like to see my contact pictures, it humanizes the all experience. it has other neat stuff like "memos", "todos", and integrates well with drive, dropbox and other services. also the price is very low. the list goes on.
sure it doesn't have some features like rules like app mail but it's a matter of time.
check and try for yourself http://airmailapp.com/

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Am I the only one who just uses the mail.app?

What makes airmail so much better?

I use Mail.app with three IMAP-based email providers.

I use server-side automated filtering to subfolders for the majority of my email, because it makes organization much easier. (Right this moment, I have one email in all three inboxes combined. It arrived after I started writing this post, and is spam. Alright, my inbox is now empty.)

I greatly prefer having my email sorted by "type" (for work, I have dozens of subfolders for different reasons, for personal, I have general categories like "commercial", "community", "family", "school", etc.) Within that, I use group-by-conversation, and sort by date.

Karpfish

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2006
I'm going to give Airmail a shot. But I miss Sparrow too. I was one of the early supporters and paid for the app hoping it would help the company to continue working. Then Google just killed it. At least Airmail is only 1.99! lol

What was wrong with the last version of Sparrow? I'm still using it. I don't plan on switching unless something awesome comes around.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
Airmail is a pretty decent replacement. It's built on the Sparrow backend. The only issue I have with it is that it is slow to show messages initially. The UI could use some polish too. Other than that it is a pretty solid replacement for Sparrow. Gosh, how I wish Sparrow was still being developed!!

Thanks I picked it up (Honestly $2 I'm not going to cry if it doesn't work out) and so far so good. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to sort emails but this is definitely the closest thing to my beloved Sparrow. Thanks for the tip.

----------

for me, managing multiple accounts is much easier, because the UIs are independent. also the overall UI is less cluttered and i like to see my contact pictures, it humanizes the all experience. it has other neat stuff like "memos", "todos", and integrates well with drive, dropbox and other services. also the price is very low. the list goes on.
sure it doesn't have some features like rules like app mail but it's a matter of time.
check and try for yourself http://airmailapp.com/

Also colors. I know this sounds petty but I absolutely hate the monotone/grey UI of the modern finder and Mail apps.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
Does it support mail threads? Without that, we cannot really use in a business environment as emails may have multiple people involved.

Anyway, mail.app is the only email client I'm using on Mac. It works fine for me since 2007 when I started using Mac. Just the vanilla app. No plugins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.