Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

thecroods1.jpg
Rovio and Dreamworks have teamed up to release a new caveman-centric iOS game The Croods, which is based on the upcoming animated Dreamworks movie of the same name.

The game, which focuses on taming wild creatures, creating inventions, and decorating a prehistoric village, stars a family of cavemen who are the last of a dying breed. Players are instructed to help The Croods survive by trapping animals, hunting and gathering, and coming up with wacky inventions.
Pre-hysterical Features:
-Trap & tame 10 evolutionarily mixed- up creatures! You've never seen anything like the Girelephant or Molarbear! Think you can catch them all?

-Create wacky inventions with Grug to open and explore new areas!

-Decorate your pre-historic world with the latest in caveman fashion accessories!

-Meet your favorite characters from the feature animation film from DreamWorks Animation!
The Croods is a universal app that can be downloaded for free from the App Store. [Direct Link]

The Croods animated movie is set to be released by Dreamworks on March 22.

Article Link: Rovio Releases 'The Croods,' an iOS Game Based on Dreamworks' Upcoming Animated Film

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
"the Girelephant or Molarbear"

I smell a great leap forward in science education!

Sensa

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2012
does it need a camera?

I see comments, in the reviews of the game on iTunes, saying needs a "camera" to play...can anyone who dl it pls verify or explain what these comments are referring to

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
I've seen the trailer just a few times, and I'm already sick of the movie.
Looks like a mashup of dumb-is-supposed-to-be-funny plus "caveman snark."

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Movie looks terrible. DLed this for my 9 year old. More importantly though. I think this marks Rovio's first Universal App. Thanks for not making have to DL an HD version of the exact same game!

DrNeroCF

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2004
This makes no sense to me. Rovio, between game profit and crazy investors, basically have infinite monies.

Why would you make someone else's game if you don't need the money???

Why would you spend the money to hire THE Rovio, who's a tick away from being a one trick pony, to make a dumb Farmville clone???

You have to be paying for the Rovio name, and not their history of excellence in all mobile genres, at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.