Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raweden

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
I expect that there will be changes other than cosmetics in iOS 7, but reducing the complexity of the icons & etc should free up processing power to do useful things.

Actually most icons ever used at any platform including iOS (besides vector based, SVG etc.) are pre-rendered and don't require additional memory or CPU power relative to complexity to being drawn to screen.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
lmao. this place is great comedy.

everyone whines for the past year that Apple doesn't change enough.

Now they go and make changes.. and its too much change?

PRICELESS. :D

Hey now, find any post I made asking for big changes. Don't count me in that bunch.

The only big change I wanted to see was the quick access toggles for wifi, airplane mode etc. I jailbroke mine and used NCSettings and LOVED it(pic is not of my screen fyi):

ncsettings-11.png

I like the look of iOS as is, I was just hoping for the app icons to look more like the WWDC app icon and be a bit more uniform.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
Wow! That's more accurate than I thought!

I still think iOS 7 looking like this doesn't look good.

The iOS 7 previewed looked good though.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Agreed; that mock up looks a bit goofy to me. Let's see what happens later today.
This is a good example of almost everyone's failure to foresee what Apple will do next. This goofy mockup is practically identical to the showcased product. And to think, they did this on their own after having only a 'quick look'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.