Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:59 PM   #301
iSayuSay
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
Just reading through some of the posts here, and I really don't get why it's Apple vs. Android. There are a ton of companies who make Android based phones. Why does Apple have to compete against several other companies like its 5 on 1 or 10 on 1?

Coming from an SG3 to a 5 I know what Android is, and what the appeal is...it just baffles me why Apple has to compete against LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and all the others in these 'sales' figures. If it takes 4 or 5 top well known other companies to compete against one company, Apple, then that says enough by itself.

As far as BB the more competition the better but I think they need some quick updates to fix some stuff. Watched a ton of reviews and they have some stuff that needs to get fixed quickly. Hope they make it...more choice is better.
Simple .. Because it's what Apple (and Blackberry) choose to do. Not licensing iOS and BB10 like Microsoft do with WP8, or crazily make it open source like Google did with Android, being one vs. many is part of the deal with the devil.

Yep, Apple is doing pretty well for a one-man-army in digital battle, so far. But if you ask why, hmm let's just say asks for it.
iSayuSay is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 08:40 AM   #302
NumberNine
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
So who is refusing to pay money to hundreds of employees who got cancer through exposure to chemicals? Samsung or Apple? Hint: The company name starts with an S.
you sure told me bro

don't know how I can go on
NumberNine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:12 AM   #303
George Knighton
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to George Knighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterg2 View Post
Early reviews not promising.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/30/39...rry-z10-review

BGR:

http://bgr.com/2013/01/30/blackberry...tm_medium=home

If people thought Windows Phone 8's eco system is weak, this looks far worse.
What we're really missing is an iPhone with a physical keyboard. Maybe they should stop fooling around with dissatisfied Galaxy Huge purchasers who aren't going to be any more satisfied with an iPhone Huge, and go after the physical keyboard users.

You know what I thought was a really, really neat device?

Please don't laugh.

In its day, I think the Nokia E71 was a perfectly wonderful little thing to be carrying around for general business use. It just worked, and it worked well, and it never forgot that it was first of all a device that needed to make crystal clear voice calls.

I'm a day one user of the iPhone 5, and I think it's the best thing going, in the market as it exists at the moment.

I haven't seen anything from anybody that'd make me switch, but I'd think about buying a new iPhone that had a neat little physical keyboard.

It doesn't matter how good type ahead gets or how good autocorrect gets.

If you can express yourself well to begin with, you're always going to miss a physical keyboard.

----------

It's a clear choice between content creation (government and business) and content assimilation (casual retail and personal).

I don't think we're going to be able to get a device that does everything as well as the iPhone 5 does it now, so if you're changing anything it needs to be aimed at the people who need to be able to type better than they can with the iPhone's virtual keyboard.

Again, though: Just one dumb old man talking, and what the hell do I know.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:12 AM   #304
Xano
macrumors member

UAAUUU!
I get my hands on it and is amazing, very clean and intuitive os, all messages are in one place, no more opening multiple apps, tipping with multiple dictionaries is a must have, multitasking works great and the screen is gorgeous, the only negative at this point is the lack of apps, but i think in the future all the major players will be on BlackBerry Store.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:54 PM   #305
Peterg2
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
Just reading through some of the posts here, and I really don't get why it's Apple vs. Android. There are a ton of companies who make Android based phones. Why does Apple have to compete against several other companies like its 5 on 1 or 10 on 1?

Coming from an SG3 to a 5 I know what Android is, and what the appeal is...it just baffles me why Apple has to compete against LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and all the others in these 'sales' figures. If it takes 4 or 5 top well known other companies to compete against one company, Apple, then that says enough by itself.

As far as BB the more competition the better but I think they need some quick updates to fix some stuff. Watched a ton of reviews and they have some stuff that needs to get fixed quickly. Hope they make it...more choice is better.
I too hope they make it. The more competition there is, the better it is for all of us. Just like I did with my proposed Lumia 920 (where I hung out at wpcentral and decided not to buy), I am going several times daily to crackberry.com which is probably the best source on user reviews for the blackberry Z10. Yes, they are fanboys, even fanatics, but many of them realise it and admit it. Plenty Apple fanboys/fanatics here too, but oddly very few of them believe (or realise) they are.
Peterg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:07 PM   #306
MatthewStorm
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xano View Post
UAAUUU!
I get my hands on it and is amazing, very clean and intuitive os, all messages are in one place, no more opening multiple apps, tipping with multiple dictionaries is a must have, multitasking works great and the screen is gorgeous, the only negative at this point is the lack of apps, but i think in the future all the major players will be on BlackBerry Store.
This is what I've wanted to hear here.

Can't wait for the U.S. release.

Stoopid month away...
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:46 PM   #307
vsx-ax3
macrumors newbie

Improve the battery a tad and itīs the iPhone Apple shouldīve done...

I love it and itīs made in Canada - I canīt stand the anti-bible-policy of Apple when it comes to the hard working people in the asian factories... Jesus would never allow an 200 Dollar job for a 50 to 60 hours job... heīd definitely go for the Blackberry...

Timeshift for the photo-app, thatīs magic!

Excellent job BB!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 08:40 PM   #308
cubbie5150
macrumors 6502a

Go BB, go!!! Competition is a good thing.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:26 AM   #309
GR33NIE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. View Post
beautiful phone. I'd consider buying it when my contract ends.
Dare I say it on here but me too, I've been running an iPhone for years and do feel like a change. Problem is the first day without an iPhone I think i'd be lost!

Trying to see if anyone does a trial so I can have a play with a Z10 for a week (doubtful!)
Old Feb 7, 2013, 06:27 AM   #310
Cloudane
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Cloudane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
No, their integration into corporate networks and their email system was their advantage. It had little to do with the keyboard. Non-business and Non-IT people can only see what’s in front of them.
I am an IT person. Their email system is terrible, the software you have to install onto your server is bloated and all in all the iPhone is a far better business decision.
Cloudane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:44 AM   #311
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
I am an IT person. Their email system is terrible, the software you have to install onto your server is bloated and all in all the iPhone is a far better business decision.
I am IT also. That may be the case but as I said that was why. Do you think the bigwigs that made those decisions cared if you struggled with the software? LOL No way. The BB was the best option at the time and that is what made them rich. The iPhone is directed at kids and non business people. BB is aiming at the business crowd again with security as their sales pitch. Even though marketing didn’t get the memo and messed up the Super Bowl ad. They should never have tried going after the iPhone crowd.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 AM   #312
George Knighton
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to George Knighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
I agree with you all in all, but I'd still love to have a physical keyboard.

No day goes by that I don't say something stupid with an iPhone, auto correct notwithstanding, that I'd never have said with my old E71. :-)

I've had an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and now an iPhone 5, and there are still times I miss the keyboard on that old E71.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
The iPhone is directed at kids and non business people.
That was certainly true in the past, but I see more iPhones inside the Beltway these days than I see any kind of Blackberry.

Quote:
BB is aiming at the business crowd again with security as their sales pitch. Even though marketing didn’t get the memo and messed up the Super Bowl ad. They should never have tried going after the iPhone crowd.
Maybe. But, as I've said a couple of times, an iPhone with a keyboard would be just...great!

:-)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:34 AM   #313
ixat
macrumors newbie

huh?

[QUOTE=Mr Bigs;16758984]Do a bit more research before posting !!!!:[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Really? You have intelligent response other than "do a bit more research"??? Why don't you do a bit more research, or put more thought into your answer? Current BES servers will NOT support BB OS 10. I know this because I am the BES admin for my company. Why don't you get a life, troll.
ixat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:47 PM   #314
Mr Bigs
macrumors 6502

[QUOTE=ixat;16889339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
Do a bit more research before posting !!!!:[COLOR="#808080"]

----------

Really? You have intelligent response other than "do a bit more research"??? Why don't you do a bit more research, or put more thought into your answer? Current BES servers will NOT support BB OS 10. I know this because I am the BES admin for my company. Why don't you get a life, troll.
You must be a lousy BES admin because you would know the BB-10 doesn't need it/
Mr Bigs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 06:52 PM   #315
Peterg2
macrumors 6502a

[QUOTE=Mr Bigs;16918485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixat View Post
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-...c=rss&attr=all
Peterg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:04 PM   #316
ixat
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=Mr Bigs;16918485]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixat View Post
And you obviously do not work in IT. The point is, if a business is going to convert all it's devices to use ActiveSync, then why stick with the BB brand? Security was the big selling point for BB for many companies, ActiveSync does NOT provide the same level of security.
ixat is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:09 PM   #317
nia820
macrumors 6502a

Love the design but blackberries in general don't appeal to me.
nia820 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion